General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mobile client SSL authentication

It would be greate to add client SSL authentication support in Android application (and other mobile application that don't use a regular browser).

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Create an ARM build pathway

Right now there's no approved way to do mattermost on ARM. I think ti'd be a great idea to fix that, and I'm working on fixing it myself. If I get a definitive result, I will post it in the regular forums and/or submit a pull request.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. global/common channel across teams

Add the ability for teams to share "global" channels.

We have multiple teams but have a need for a common channel across all teams.

220 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send stickers like in telegram

emojis not expressive enough? with sticker packs from telegram, it would definitely spice up your chat in your team!

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. End-to-end (e2e) encryption support

This would require major architectural changes for the Mattermost server, but adding some use cases to gather feedback from the community.

Server admins wouldn't be able to read the content of conversations because they don't hold the keys to decrypt, which means users wouldn't have to worry about
    - Server admins spying on their private conversations
    - Governments subpoening server admins into handing over conversations
    - Hackers taking control of the server being able to read the conversations

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add auto-link functionality, e.g. to create links to bug tracker

It would be really useful if when a message contained text such as "blah blah blah bug 23 blah blah" that the text 'bug 23' was changed into a link to bug 23 in our issue tracker.

This could be handled more generally as a regex replacement that is applied to the message, with the system administrator being able to add multiple such regular expressions. This would allow all kinds of links, e.g. [[wp:Foo]] to link to the Wikipedia article 'Foo'.

The replacement could be applied at the point of save or the point of rendering, but I would recommend…

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Windows universal app so that Windows 10 Mobile rollouts can use Mattermost

Let's go Windows Universal with this, and bring Mattermost to a whole new market of Windows 10 Mobile users who're waiting for first party apps for apps just like this. Then Mattermost truly becomes a Slack competitor.

190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Channel archiving

Sometimes we want to archive a channel when the talk is finished.

ps. Slack has the feature.

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 188 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support OpenID Connect

I've been waiting for a project like Mattermost for a while, so thanks!

I would love it if you would add support for account registration/signin via OpenID Connect. I'd like to set up a Mattermost server for my community, but we use OpenID Connect to add SSO to everything.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Voice Messages Record and Play

The same way we can send messages, we should be able to send voice messages.

It should be as simple as click "add voice", record what you want, press send and it's made available on the server for others to listen.

It should be supported by browser and mobile client apps.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. FreeBSD support

It would be great it mattermost is supported in FreeBSD.
    I think in order to support more OS, specially BSD unixes, mattermost should not depend from Docker.
    For instance Docker doesn't well supported on FreeBSD.

172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically delete the oldest attachments when approaching a set storage limit

If I have a 20GB server instance, and we're posting big files all the time, we'll hit that pretty quickly. If we hit it, the server will slow down and start rejecting uploads or having errors. Instead, I should be able to set it to limit the total attachment storage to, say, 15gb, and it should aim to stay under that by deleting the oldest stuff.

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display most recent conversations on top

On the sidebar, it would be useful if the most recent conversations were displayed on top. As for now I have to delete channels so I dont have to scroll all day long.

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sending emails to Mattermost

Like this in Slack
    https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206819278-Sending-emails-to-Slack

There is a workaround with Mattermail, but it means for each channel I need to create an email (alias) which is cumbersome.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. IOS/Android local notifications

Use local notifications when the app is running or in background. I know that encrypted push notifications are supported when using the enterprise version, but it would be very handy if the app would support local notifications when running in background or foreground for new messages.
    This creates the ability to use the app without sending data around the world.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a configurable setting to show count of unread messages, mentions or channels on taskbar

Original discussion can be found here: https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/issues/111

Add a configurable setting to show count of unread messages, mentions or channels on taskbar.

When a message is received, there is small red badge with number of total unread mentions (in the client taskbar icon and the browser tab).

Proposal is to let the user choose what to count on this badge - any messages, mention and direct messages only or even number of channels with unread messages

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integration with owncloud

Integration with the on-premise, open source owncloud file sync and share would make mattermost a powerfull tool for team communication and collaboration. It seems the work on webhoks will enable this indirectly (https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/8786968-add-slack-like-integrations) but it would be great if you could provide dedicated owncloud integration so that files stored in owncloud can be shared and linked to from mattermost conversations.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a Tablet / iPad version of Second Generation Mobile Apps

The second generation mobile apps currently are not designed to support tablets.

(See https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-mobile/issues/670)

If you would like to see tablet / iPad support, please help upvote this feature idea so we can track the demand for it.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base