Adding users to group DM should provide an option to keep history
When you have a multi user direct message and you add new members (as a conversation grows to need more people) you end up creating a new DM with no history. Instead mattermost should provide an option to keep the history available.
Andre Angelantoni commented
An alternative is to convert the direct message to a private chat but this is not available without being a Team Leader or Administrator.
This is very frustrating. The new users should be able to see the history—I'm bringing them into the conversation for a good reason. There is no security risk here.
These workarounds did not work to show the new user the message history:
• the new Firefox scrolling web page screenshot tool cannot scroll the page
• neither can the Chrome Awesome Screenshot
• neither can the Snag It tool
• neither can the macOS print to PDF tool
• there is no way to export a chat
The only way that works is to copy and paste...and we are unfortunately still using MM 4.x, which has a 4000 character limit. Sigh. So frustrating.