General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy / Zoom on image in preview (same as Slack / Skype)

Integrate similar image previews as in Skype / Slack, rather than just "Download":
    - Enable copy pasting of an image from preview
    - Enable zoom on image when passing mouse over it
    - Open preview in a sub-window for better viewing

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow side by side conversations

I would love if we could have multiple chats open, side by side. Most of my window is whitespace

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Users should be able to delete their datas without any admin intervention.

Hello,
    cli tool is not user's compliant :)
    Users should be able to delete (not just deactivate) their datas without any admin intervention.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Meet

Google Meet connection time start a meet

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Click the file to open

1. App sets an automatic download directory, such as $HOME\Documents\Mattermost Files\

2. Add an "open" button beside the download button on the right side of the file in the chat.

3. When you click the "Open" button, if the file has not been downloaded, it will be automatically downloaded to the download folder in the first step. At the same time, the download progress bar will be displayed below the file in the chat. After the download is complete, or the file has been downloaded, call the system program to open the file.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to change the order of channel groupings

There are several options now provided for changing the grouping and ordering of channels, but one is conspicuously missing IMO: the ability to change the ordering of the groupings.

In my use of MM, I have a small handful of favorite channels, and then a bunch of other channels, and then a small handful of direct messages. Most of my communication is in the favorite channels and the direct messages, but the former is at the very top and the latter is at the very bottom. It is annoying to have to scroll through the wasteland of all of my…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable to detect since when a user is offline (manual & disconected)

Currently, using the UX, we cannot determine the last time a user when offline. this feature is useful and could be compared with flowdock.com, as you can see in the image https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/907914/71488129-12347800-2873-11ea-8b03-867c8fc2b357.png

Steps to reproduce:
    mattermost Server 5.16+
    Open a conversation 1-1 with any user, and if it is offline, we cannot determine since when that user is offline

Expected behaviour:

Open a conversation 1-1 with any user and if is offline. Display as part of user status since when the user is offline.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Team admin should be able to export datas

Right now, only mattermost instance admin can export teams but only all teams.
    There is two issues:

It would be a great improvement if team admin could use the user interface (and not has to ask to his instance admin).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make 'reply to last message in a channel' a default option

Enable the ability for a user org/admin to make 'reply to the last message in a channel' the default option when starting a new message, so threads are the default for a conversation. This could perhaps also be optionally limited to replies that explicitly start with or contain an 'at-mention' of the handle of the creator of the original post.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Button to minimize inline images (ex: GIFs plugin)

Users can minimize an image preview of an URL that is directly pasted in the message, with the cross button at the top left corner. However, there is no such button if the same image is inlined with the folowwing syntax ![Description'](https://example-url/test.gif).

It'd be useful to have a way of minimizing inline images, like Slack does and like Mattermost does for raw URL previews.

This is a follow-up on multiple requests from the users of moussetc/mattermost-plugin-giphy on GitHub (Issue 12).

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. JIRA Integration Channel Notification/Subscribe

Support all issue status update event transitions, not just only status changes when the ticket is reopened, or when resolved/closed, and assignee changes.

We use the issue status transition to trigger the QA Team to start work. Would be nice to have these notifications via the Mattermost Integration

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. GIF

Add a button to quicksearch GIFs without leaving Mattermost

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Limit custom emoji visibility to some channels

By default custom emojis are available to every user in the server in every channel.
    I would like to be able to restrain the visibility of a custom emoji I upload.
    When uploading a custom emoji, I would like to pick in which channel it can be selected.

I am interested in implementing this feature myself.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have the option to configure special/specific notification sounds based on keywords

Currently it is not possible to have notifications triggered based on keywords, for example if there are any emergency keywords, a certain ringtone or vibration (or both) will be triggered.

This would be important in the event of any emergency that requires immediate action.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow custom unix socket permissions for local mode

Allow setting custom unix socket permissions to allow more granular permission control. This allows letting other users access the endpoint by adding them to an appropriate group

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. iOS Timeout/Logout Notification

iOS Timeout/Logout Notification

Based on being automatically logged out every 3 days; it has been a consistent problem having people recognize when they are no longer on and thus not receiving messages (iPhones wise at least). This has already been implemented for Android CAO 2018 according to the search bar.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use dollar signs for MathJax input instead of parsing code blocks

With MathJax parsing enabled (via the Enable Latex Rendering option), code blocks with the language latex (or tex, though that is undocumented) are parsed to render a math expression. This conflicts with highlighting code blocks of TeX code (related bug report), mixes up syntax for two totally different things (highlighting source code and rendering math) and is rather unintuitive for TeX users.

A much better convention would be to delimit MathJax input with dollar signs, as done e.g. by StackExchange: Single dollar signs ("$a + b = c$") for inline math (which would be a new feature)…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search parameter to find pinned and flagged messages

I like using the search operators to easily find a message. I would be interested to search messages which are pinned or tagged with a simple parameter, like pinned:yes . I know I can click on the Pin button to find all pinned messages, but then I can't seach for a specific text within the pinned message.

To give an example, I'd like to search all pinned messages mentioning the user tom and the word "server". I would like to type:
    @tom server pinned:yes

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have the options for Team Edition to be able to restrict team invites

Currently, the option to restrict who can send team invites are only available for E10 and E20 editions of Mattermost.

Not having this functionality in the Team Editions of Mattemost can cause their instances to be potentially insecure as anyone can send out these invite links.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base