General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the text box background match the rest of the dark theme

When in either of the dark themes on the Android app, the text box has a white background which is super jarring. Can we get it matched with the rest of the theme please?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Support Google Apps sign in when using the Android app

You've added Google Apps SSO sign in following suggestion https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/14879976-google-apps-sign-in, but support is still needed in the app interface.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Android Multi-Window support

Support the Android multi-window feature. Currently, resizing of the application window seemingly crashes the app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support external keyboard

See issue: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-mobile/issues/2512
    When an external keyboard and an on-screen keyboard is used, the chat input text field looses focus as soon as the on-screen-keyboard is hidden, probably because hiding the keyboard changes the screen size and therefore triggers a redraw/relayout. I suggest to fix this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Opt-in for push notifications (only push when app is open or provide disable function)

Mattermost is great while I am at work, even when I'm away from my desk I can get push notifications. And with the related issues
    1) https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/13834386-option-to-push-notify-to-mobile-even-when-logged-i
    2) https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/15105891-un-push-notifications-after-i-actively-read-all-me
    3) https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/16443028-android-push-notification-play-even-with-chat-open

implemented, everything is fine while I am at work. BUT:

When I'm away from work, on vacation or just in the pub, I don't want to get push notifications. So I don't like that Mattermost will receive and display push notifications whether the app is open or not. I would like to opt-in to push notifications and not have Mattermost listen/display notifications just because it is installed on Android.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. MSI installer for windows client

We need a MSI file for automated (silent) installation. That way you can deploy the application with the group policy of windows.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mobile: Option to send by pressing Enter

Ability to configure the Enter key behavior: submit the message you are writing instead of create a new line when you press the enter key (it's useful for example if you are using an external keyboard)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add support for Adaptive Icons on Android 8

Android 8 introduced a featured called Adaptive Icons; it lets users pick the shape of icons on their home screen. Supporting this is extremely easy, and only requires 4 lines of XML code. Please add support for this feature in a future release.

Documentation is available here: https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design_adaptive.html

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Client for Ubuntu Touch

Hello,
    as Ubuntu Touch (UT) is not dead. See https://ubports.com
    They are doing an awesome job getting UT going.

I wanted to know if there is someone who wants to write a client for this OS :)

Cheers.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add "android auto" support

I'ld really like to see android auto support.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Copy/Paste Individual Messages

As it stands now, if I hold down on a message it selects one word, per Android's UI. Fine. However, when I click select all, it selects the entire chatroom, rather than that one message. It would be nice to (similar to Facebook Messenger) simply hold down on the message and have a menu pop up asking if you'd like to copy text. Similarly to another post I've made, perhaps in this pop up message, if there is a phone number or email listed in said message, you could select copy text (whole message), copy phone number, or copy email…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. mobile client SSL authentication

It would be greate to add client SSL authentication support in Android application (and other mobile application that don't use a regular browser).

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Build Android app without Google Play Services

The Android app requires the Google Play Services because it uses GCM for push notifications. This library is not open-source so it prevents Mattermost from being included in FOSS repositories like F-Droid.
    It would be nice to have an option that builds the app without GCM.

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to share location and display a preview map

Allow to share current location and display locations with a preview map

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Closing UI for direct messages in the channel list

Mobile app for Android dose not have close UI of direct message channel in channel list. Browser and Windows client have it.
    This feature should be useful when maintaining the channel list if many direct messages are opened.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Login with QR code

I have a very long password and I would like to keep it. To make it easier to login on the phone it would be great if a QR is code shown on the computer which I can scan. (Where I am already logged into Mattermost.) Similar to Whatsapp where you login like this on the computer.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. List of Flagged Posts in Mobile Application

It would be a good idea in mobile application to have a button that list of flagged post in channel details. To see a flagged post, it would be very difficult to seek all posts earlier.
    Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. android notification priority

Android has a notification implementation that supports priority levels. (https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/notifiers/notifications.html). This means that you can define different priorities for the notifcation. lowest means no notification and max is that you get a pop up/in from the top even in full screen apps (like a movie)

Its very disturbing to have that pop in when you are busy with other stuff. especially in the weekend while you are not working (mattermost is in my case work related). If you look at Telegram, you can choose your priority for the notification, or at least this is possible via the settings…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Implement emoji picker for Android (same as already implemented for reactions)

A lot of our team members ask for this feature, as using Android's system emoji keyboard leads to ??? on other platforms. Would be really helpful to have an Android emoji picker in the same style which is already implemented for reactions. The current system (typing : and emoji name) is not really working, especially for new team members.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base