General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Gitea OAuth2 Support

Support Gitea's OAuth2 provider as an authentication source.

Currently, the team edition only supports GitLab as an OAuth2 source. GitLab is pretty heavyweight and many people prefer other software for a variety of reasons.

Gitea (https://gitea.io/en-us/) is a really nice open source, community supported Git server. They recently added support for acting as an OAuth2 provider (see https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/oauth2-provider/ for documentation). It would be great if Mattermost would support Gitea as an OAuth2 provider.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voice Messages Record and Play

The same way we can send messages, we should be able to send voice messages.

It should be as simple as click "add voice", record what you want, press send and it's made available on the server for others to listen.

It should be supported by browser and mobile client apps.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. unlimited search results

for the default search backend (sql), search results are capped at 100!

you can verify this by loading jquery and doing:

$('.search-item__container').length;

you can see that paging isn't supported:

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/app/post.go#L821

and the sql uses `LIMIT 100`:

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/store/sqlstore/post_store.go#L834

i know this isn't an issue in enterprise because you're using elasticsearch, but please either bring elasticsearch to team edition or fix the default search backend. 100 results is sad :(

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Directory of public channels/channels I can have access to

A user should be able to easily see & search the list of all channels they have joined and can join. I'm seeing a number of duplicate channels created across teams because the user did not know it existed in another location.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quote Reply In Threads

In a thread, because we cant create subthreads, the comment menu should have a new item called "quote reply".

"Quote Reply" should allow the user to add a new comment with reference from the comment he is replying.

A : I like cars.
    A : Wanna go for pizza? <-- "Quote Reply"
    B : I like Ferrari.
    B : "Wanna go for pizza?"
    Yes. Pizza is a great idea.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable the "More Actions" tooltip when the menu is already open

On the [...] button on the right side of a message, there's a tooltip displaying the text "More Actions". When I click on this button, the menu pops up and then the tooltip appears, blocking the "Edit" menu item. The tooltip should never be allowed to pop up if the menu is already open.

Firefox, Mattermost Version: 5.6.2

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. transform message to into an answer to message above

people are often sloppy in using answers to messages and just type it to the channel when it should be an answer to the message above.
    I propose a button visible to the author and admins that allows to transform a message into an answer to the message above.
    I hope it'll help to create more consistency in the usage of the answer/thread feature.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adaptive cards support

Change attachments for adaptive cards, is more flexible.

https://adaptivecards.io/samples/InputForm.html

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add newlines with CTRL+ENTER (like in Slack and Skype)

this is the opposite of the current setting:
    ENTER inserts a new line and CTRL+ENTER submits the message.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Granular Session lengths for SSO authentication

Currently the configurations for SSO authentication session lengths allow for a single digit value representing days that the authenticated session will last before expiring and forcing a re-authentication.

There has been quite a bit of interest within my teams to have this more granular, specifically down to a number of hours (with our preference being somewhere around the length of a work day- 8hours). By doing something less than a single day, with people having varying schedules, it would guarantee that almost everyone will need to re-authenticate when coming back to work. As is, it can happy sporadically depending on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to have different themes on different devices

As of now, a change of theme on one device is automatically synched to all other devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a command /play to play sound, movies quotes, etc.

We use Mattermost in a small team and when it comes the time to chill out, we sometimes abuse of the #random channel
    We loved the emoticon customization and we would love to see the possibility to send a sound to react to a message with the right movie quote for example.

That could be a plugin with a command like /play, I just doubt that the plugin would have the right to play a sound in browser.

The sound (and the command) could be created by users just like emoticons. The user should have to upload a sound file…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to move mistaken thread replies in a channel to the intended thread

If a user misses replying to a thread in a channel and instead replies directly to the channel, this message is not part of the thread that it was intended to be and the conversation is not clear.

There should be a way for a user or channel admin to move a message to the intended thread inside the channel and keep it inline with the on-going threaded conversation (since everything is timestamped this seems possible).

This would clean up the conversations and mistakes that users will make.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make threads collapsible

A toggle option so that threads appear as "N comments" and open in the side-panel, so they do not interrupt the main flow of the channel, and you can follow each thread mode easily.

1,399 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    76 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. File Archieving Feature

I suggest to have a file archieving service that will move old files to an archive repository.
    If the user tries to access an archieved file, the server must be clever enough to recover that file from the archive repository.

- Archive repository could be cloud server or a NAS with FTP service.
    - Upload files to archive repository whenever the file repository is full or the files are too old(set by the admin. I think 1 month old is enough).
    - Download files from archive repository will be slower. That’s fine this is an economical solution.
    - Archive repository…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video File Thumbnails

Just like we have tumbnails on pictures. helping us identify what we are looking for without having to open the preview tool.
    It would be great if we could have thumbnails on videos too.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Separate storage limit per team

I'm hosting a single team installation for 2 local charities (each has their own team). It would be great to be able to set a separate storage limit per team. In small situations like this it's not necessary to run 2 instances of mattermost. but this setup is only manageable if we can specify a limit per team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Limit number of times animated emoji will loop

When users have their mattermost window open all the time, animated emoji that are endlessly looping can be very distracting and annoying. If they paused after looping a set number of times, it would greatly improve the user experience for me.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option in a channel: force view pinned posts

In some channels some messages are ‘must read’...
    An option ‘I have read this one’ would be great then.
    It would also be nice to be able to reorder the pinned posts.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. one file installation on hosted servers

The installation should be only depending on a ftp-access to a hosted server storing data in flat files. Second best would be mysql connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base