General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create an ARM build pathway

Right now there's no approved way to do mattermost on ARM. I think ti'd be a great idea to fix that, and I'm working on fixing it myself. If I get a definitive result, I will post it in the regular forums and/or submit a pull request.

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Polls (like doodle or for decision making)

Creating and participating in Polls would be great,
    to be embedded within a message.
    Like in Doodle, Facebook or Threema:

Option | User1 | User2 | ...

Coke | x | |
    Sprite | x | x |

OR

Option | Votes

Coke | 3/15 Users
    Sprite | 2/15 Users

695 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a Sandstorm app

Mattermost seems to be a good candidate for making a Sandstorm app. Sandstorm https://sandstorm.io/ allows for secure bottling of web-apps. Many of the apps currently in the ecosystem are complementary to Mattermost - in function and ideology.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. nano editor

Some of us prefer nano over vi. It can't be that big of a deal to include nano in the container, can it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow larger header for a channel

Currently the header for a channel is short. I'd like to see this expanded to a block of text that wraps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow response from outgoing webhooks

In slack an outgoing webhook can reply with:
    Hi, I have a (working) slack webhook that responds with like:

{ "text": "Thanks! Build was queued" }

These responses are ignored by mattermost currently. It would be great if they worked too.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Switch usage for "Write a message..." vs "Add a comment..."

In our use case, most posts are intended as replies to a previous post. So it would make sense that the default main view holds single topic/discussion, and the text box at the bottom is for posting replies to that thread, and a List of available topics are shown on the side, where you also can post new topics.

This is effectively the opposite of how the UI is laid out now. The background for this request is that most users (myself included) miss to post a reply as a comment, and mess up the conversation history (even a lot…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide an alternative to websockets for updates

Websockets don't work properly behind a squid proxy. It would be great to have a swap-in replacement for them that doesn't require patching Mattermost! Currently we cannot use Mattermost because of this issue, even though the installation itself is fine, because we're keeping it internal to the VPN that squid is running on.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. enable other databases, e.g. Oracle.

Having support for other databases, e.g. Oracle, is crucial as this is common infrastructure in enterprise IT landscapes.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Out-of-office responder

Add ability to set an "Out of Office" message so when users mention someone who is away, they'll be notified that they're unavailable.

Note: This ticket does not include changing to status message, which will be included in a separate design.

1. Add an option to Account Settings > Notifications called "Away Message"

Title: Out-of-office Message
    Help Text: Set an automated out-of-office message to notify people mentioning you that you area not immediately available. Sent at most once every 4 days to same person who mentioned you.

UI:
    Send the following "Out-of-office Message":
    [ E.g. "I'm traveling until March 2, 2016.…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base