General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disallow account creation using specified email domains

"Restrict account creation to specified email domains" requires a list of "good" domains. But i need to disallow some domains. e.g. hotmail.*

we don't want users to use some freemail-domains. especially ALL hotmail domains (hotmail.de, hotmail.com, hotmail.fr, ...)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate "Favorite channels" and "Favorite users"

The new "Favorite channels" feature interleaves channels and users. It would be better to separate out "Favorite users", the same way Channels and Direct Messages are separate.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support Android's central account system

Every time I start Mattermost, it asks me for url and account info, with no option to save it. Please use Android's Account backend to save login information.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Voiced" channel mode like IRC

Sometimes (especially in open source development) public and private are not granular enough distinctions. I'd like to be able to set a public channel as "voiced" where only certain users can post messages, but everyone can read them.

This is similar to IRC, and is extremely useful for meetings held publicly, but where the only voiced participants are members of the project leadership.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add anchors to /help/* docs

Many "normal" users have problems writing markdown when chatting.
    For example, my friend don't know how to add "In-line Images".
    So, I want to send him a link to "In-line Images" section at https://chat.ohze.net/help/formatting
    But I can't because "In-line Images" is not an anchor like, ex https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#stage-1-pm-review (auto added by github for headings in a markdown document)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Host a repository for the mattermost-desktop Debian package

It is nice to have a .deb package for mattermost-desktop, but it would be even easier to have a repository we can add to sources.list so the app can be easily updated.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable notifications functionality for defined period of time

As a user I want to deactivate Mattermost notifications in my windows desktop application for a defined period of time. After this period the notifications will be shown as before.
    I can predefine in the period in the setings.
    I would like to activate this function by right clicking on the system tray icon and choose the action.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a system console option to hide the "Leave Team" button

For instances that only use one team, the option to leave the team is not useful.

Please add an option to the system console to hide the button or add a user permission for this function.
    The user permission would be the preferred way to handle this to be prepared for growing instances.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interactive action buttons

Since Interactive Action Buttons are supported (4.2) it would be nice to support different button styles like in Slack and emoticons as text replacement for the buttons. I think this could enhance the overal look and feel of this new feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict Direct Messages user list to the members of the currently viewed team

The DM user list can be very crowded. My suggestion is to restrict this user list to the members of the team that is currently selected in the Teams Sidebar, just like the way public channel list is implemented.

So the user list in the "Direct Messages" section will change when the user switches to a different team.

[1] https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/13620234-add-option-to-restrict-dms-to-users-who-share-at-l

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add support 3D Touch

• new messages

• favorite chanel

• search

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change Installdirectory

Posibility to thange the installation directory (e.g. C:/Programs...)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Android: fetch text in background for faster opening from notifications

We use Mattermost (self hosted) in a team of 30 people with about 20 channels.
    On my medium performance phone (Xperia Z3) it can take quite a while (~20 seconds) from tapping a notification to showing the actual message, even in ok network conditions (WiFi or 3G+).
    In the Desktop App, there's no such lags.

I'd guess that by having the App run a background service which already fetches the text data for the channel triggering the notification could considerably speed up this use case.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I can search easily for a group name on iPhone, but there is not the same convenient matching feature on macOS.

I can search easily for a group name on iPhone, but there is not the same convenient matching feature on macOS. Also on iPhone, I see all unread messages at top of list, on macOS I have to scan the whole list to find unread messages. So the macOS client needs to catch up with the iPhone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simplify chatbot integration by enabling bots to run sandboxed, in-process on the server

Currently if I want any sort of 'bot' behavior, I need to:

• Get an API token (ask an admin for permission)

• Stand up a server or learn serverless

• Figure out deployments/monitoring/logging

To test my code, I need to expose my in-progress work to the internet so it can receive webhooks.

This is a substantial bar to clear, resulting in monolithic projects like Hubot with many plugins.

Organizations implementing this style of bot frequently have only a handful of people who know how to contribute to it.

An alternative would be to support 'Managed bots': custom code (language TBD; javascript (via…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add a go to date feature similar to stack

add a go to date feature similar to stacks. I use this for example to go to the top of a channel. Specially after joining a new channel.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. File viewer integration

Today we only open image, audio, video and pdf files, but I want to open autocad, ms office and other files.
    If we've a File viewer integration, where the system admin configures an integration to specified file extension.
    In this case in my team, we could configure Mattermost to post "*.dwg" file in a webservice when an user want to view this file, this webservice could use autodesk viewer api and returns the page to view this file.
    I could use other integration to view excel, word using google or office365 api, etc.
    I don't know if this idea was…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. calculator

In google search, when you prefix a search with "=", it automatically runs the search as a maths calculation. It would be great to have this in mattermost as well.
    So if a message starts with a "=" and does not contain other text, it should be postfixed with the result of the calculation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base