General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. An External Apps Marketplace.

The idea would be to create a standard bridge and a marketplace to integrate with Mattermost external applications.
    It could be a calendar (like in an other idea) or files management systems, gantt ... or many useful apps, based on the oauth2 authentication of Mattermost

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Easy to use server side encryption for every server like in Nextcloud

Having secure "at rest" data on the server is very important for data safety, especially due to the new privacy laws within the European Union. Nextcloud for example offers an easy to use server side encryption for its services within the settings. No special software is neesed.

Our organisation really wishes an easy to setup server side encryption within the dashboard.

298 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        17 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • provide system token authentication

We run a couple of scripts that access the Mattermost API, e.g. a script that posts a message to all Town Squares in all teams on our server and a script that creates user accounts (as we allow email login but disable email account creation so that we can control who creates accounts on the server). Right now we have the personal auth token of an administrator hardcoded in the scripts, but obviously this is suboptimal in case the administrator leaves the company, and messages appear to be sent from said administrator.

Therefore it would be great if administrators could…

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • jira

Add to jira plugin features to notify about new comments, description changes, attachments changes in a ticket.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Outgoing Webhooks triggered by regex or simple pattern

At the moment its only possible to trigger Outgoing Webhooks if you set a channel and/or set a keyword or a string with keyword.

if would be great if we can have a trigger for (perl) regex and for Character occur in text.

So its possible to check for #123 and trigger a webhook to get information from ex. openproject.

If I understand it correctly there are not so many things to change.
            Add the options here
            https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/8491ba5740e2d9942b2612ce06aef90bb10ad4c0/app/webhook.go#L52-L65
            And here:
            https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/0c8968fb8df4ce302c928118cd81e75f5bef2861/model/outgoing_webhook.go#L232

And on the management page.

I'm not a go programmer so I can't do it my self in a…

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Better AWS S3 Integration

AWS S3 is a great option and I've gotten it working using an IAM role w policies to access that specific S3 bucket. What I'm suggesting is that instead of S3 being used as just a file "dump", there could be an optional setting for "Serve content directly from S3" (as well as perhaps another option available for "serve directly using cloudfront" - which would have a notice on the extra cost).
              The idea is that instead of serving assets from the Mattermost instance itself, the objects in S3 could have presigned URL's set on them (with another setting for…

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Create Microsoft Lync plugin, similar to existing Zoom plugin

Create Microsoft Lync plugin, similar to existing Zoom plugin, so that a Lync meeting can be started on the fly in a Mattermost channel

12 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • i forgot my password link close

we use LDAP user account login in mattermsot,if users fotgot password, they can not use "i forgot my password" link to reset password.

can you let manager to choose open or not open this link?

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • encryption posts message in database

I look posts in mattermost database, the posts don't encryption ,it is very big seurity issues for us, please help improve,thanks.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • [PROJECT] - Yubikey Monitor (Standalone)

Hi all,

I've been working on setting up 2-factor authentication using my Yubikey. Yesterday I finally got it working, and decided to write the process down. I used the One Time Password Backend app (http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.p ... ent=159196) with some minor modifications (which will be part of the next release of the app).

Everything is documented here: http://www.sj-vs.net/two-factor-authent ... m-yubikey/

Let me know if things are still unclear.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Send user name to end-points when interactive button was pushed

Currently, when interactive button was pushed, only user-id is sent to the end-points.
                        And this causes unnecessary operations on end-points side.
                        (need to search user name from user id via Web API of Mattermost)

It seems better to send some information such as / command sends.

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Include user's language in body of outgoing slash command request

Currently, outgoing Slash commands send in the request body information about the user like user_id and user_name.

However, to properly internationalize a slash command integration (such as https://github.com/jedfonner/MattermostOnFire/issues/2), the receiving system needs to know the user's specified language (from Account Settings > Display > Language).

Please add a "user_language" field to the JSON object passed in the body of the message sent by Mattermost outgoing slash commands. This field should be populated by the user's language (e.g., en-US, es-MX, fr-CA, etc).

5 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Allow Mattermost to pick up my availability status from other applications

I use Outlook and Jabber at the moment, and whilst I'm trying to push as much communication as possible to MM, there are times when this isn't possible. If i'm in a meeting, or on a call, it would be nice if MM could be notified of your status change and update your availability. It can be quite frustrating when you're presenting your desktop and you're getting popup notifications, MM should have the ability to figure this out and put me in DND.

2 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Allow emoji reactions to trigger outgoing webhooks

Just like it is possible to trigger outgoing webhooks from specific keywords, it'd be nice to trigger an outgoing webhook from a emoji reaction on a message.

The idea is to allow the message being reacted to to be sent to another system where it could be parsed and analysed for further action.

19 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Zoom - Automatically Generate a new meeting ID when hit the Zoom Button

We've noticed a subtle difference between the zoom integration under Slack vs under Mattermost.

With Slack creating a new zoom with the /zoom command created a brand new meeting id. With Mattemost creating a new zoom with the "Start Zoom Meeting Now" always creates a meeting based on the user's "Personal Meeting ID". i.e. With the recycled meeting id, anyone who know my Personal Meeting ID can hop onto any future zoom meetings I start. We had that accidentally happen this week.

Anyway we can get the the functionality implemented where a new zoom meeting id is generated everytime I…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Allow interactive message button clicks to edit buttons on message

Currently, when a user clicks on an interactive message button, MM sends a request to a remote web server with some information. When the server responds, it can send in a Message json blob, but this does not allow you to change the buttons on the message.

For example, if I were making a poll integration, there might be vote buttons, and after voting, I might update the button message to thank the user, and present them with the options to see the results or hide the message. Currently this is not possible.

9 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • More integration with jira to replace HipChat

Since HipChat is very buggy it would be nice to have Mattermost fully replace HipChat. That means that the current(beta) integration needs to be expanded to provide at least notifications for comments: craeted, updated and deleted.
                                    In that way you can get important notifications when you have urgent issues.

47 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • 1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Ability to Reply to Message with Webhook

It would be awesome for us, when something like this could be achieved:

I use a slash command in a thread (right side), the triggered post will include the parent message id.

Add the parent message id to incoming webhooks. So I can reply to a thread with webhooks.

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Interactive action buttons

Since Interactive Action Buttons are supported (4.2) it would be nice to support different button styles like in Slack and emoticons as text replacement for the buttons. I think this could enhance the overal look and feel of this new feature.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base