General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Forbid to change username

Add an server wide option to forbid renaming user names. It might be a security problem, if someone claims abandoned user name (/account name).

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to add users to team or channel from mobile device

While I'm on my cell phone, I should be able to access and invite people to the team or channel that I am currently in. Both for users who are not currently on the server via email, and users who exist but are in a separate team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mute channel categories

For example I have categories for different projects, would be great to mute all of a project's channels while I'm focussing on a different one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add copy to clipboard code block

Have a button in the code block to copy it on clipboard

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Send E-Mail using Slash Command

We are using a e-mail-based ticket system (e.g., ticketsupport@company-name.org). As most of our communication switched to Mattermost, the only remainder is writing mails to create a ticket.
    Therefore, it would be really convenient to send a e-mail using something like:
    /[mail-address] ["Subject"] ["Body"]
    The from address is the address used by Mattermost.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow tagging of channel that needs further attention

I like to read all my channels that have new posts first and then go back to the channels that need follow up action. But once I have looked at a channel it is no longer highlighted so it can be hard to find. It would be good to be able to tag it or keep it highlighted until dealt with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase the maximum nickname length (or a pronoun field)

In our mattermost, users have been organically adding their pronouns to the end of their nickname, which is great, but when users have particularly long names, it's impossible for them to add more than 22 characters.

Example: "Joe Smith (he/him)" works fine at 18 characters, but "Alexander Bernard (They/Them)" at 29 characters goes well past the 22 character limit.

Because of the number of potential duplicate users based on their first name, there just isn't a good way to add pronouns, and it's difficult to explain that the 22 character limit on nicknames isn't able to be extended on our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Channel Creator Info for Desktop & Web App

While the Mattermost Mobile app has the feature of tapping on the channel header to see more information that includes who created the channel and the date:

"Created by XXX on XXX XX, XXXX"

Users have to scroll all the way to the beginning of the channel for desktop and web app. This will be challenging especially for channels that have a lot of content.

It will be great if we can have similar feature for desktop and web app as well where users can click on the channel header > view info and show the same information.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to choose the Audio device for notifications, including 'All Devices'

In the desktop app, the user is able to select which windows audio device, or All Devices, is used for notification. The option to follow the OS' current selection, or override with your own selection. Sometimes when using the headset as the default OS output device, it would be nice for alerts to be played on the external speakers and/or headset, as chosen by the user

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. InVison integration

InVision integration with Mattermost

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. user description

Add user description in account settings so, you can learn more about the other user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Android smartphones needs to be free of pre-installed apps.. It's really bothersome. Users never use some of pre-installed apps

Android smartphones need to be free of pre-installed apps. It's really bothersome. Users never use some of the pre-installed apps until they put the device in a trash can. Perhaps average users could have used the device even without a SD card if the device would free of pre-installed apps

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow wildcard in email domain whitelist

Allow the wildcard to be used in the email domain whitelist so that not every email your company/org owns needs to be added individually, i.e. *.mycompany.com

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow customizing GitLab login button

Currently, the GitLab login button just says "GitLab". It would be helpful to be able to modify it to refer to an organization-specific gitlab instance.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Implement ~{channel_name} Feature for Private Channels and Direct Messages

The current ~{channel_name} feature only works for public channels.

As of now, users are able to obtain the URL of the private through the "View Info" feature.

Another option is to right click the room name on the channel list and click "Copy Link".

It will be good to standardize the feature across all types of channels to for a better user experience.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Daily todo checklist

A daily checklist that appears every day with tasks that have to be completed and can be worked through together

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notify a user when they are removed from a channel

When a user is removed from a channel, they aren't notified in any way - the channel just disappears from their window. It would be helpful to indicate that you've been removed.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. HOW WIRELESS PATIENT CALL SYSTEM ALERT DEVICE PROVED HELPFUL FOR ME?

Hello everyone, I'm Chris Woris. I live in London UK. I want to tell you about the wireless patient call system, how I stayed able to save my grandmother with the help of the wireless patient call system, when she was about to die prematurely.

This is the time when I was 26 years old. After the death of my parents, my grandmother used to take care of me. When I was only 23 years old, my grandmother's health started deteriorating. It became difficult for me to take care of grandma with jobs. Then finally I decided to get married…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Snooze channel for 1h, 8hrs or 24hhrs

It would be nice to be able to mute a channel for a set period of time then it automatically unmute itself. Facebook Messenger has a similar feature called Snooze.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base