General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mattermost Bulk Export Single / Selected Team

While the current Bulk Export Tool - https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/bulk-export.html#running-the-bulk-export-command - allows backend admins to export all the teams based on the following command:

sudo ./mattermost export bulk /home/user/bulk_data.json --all-teams

It will be great to have the ability to export single / selected team to remove any "inactive" teams when moving / migrating systems around.

The current workaround of removing unwanted teams from the export file is not ideal for instances that have a large number of teams.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring profile photos from AD when AD/LDAP synchronization configured

A lot of AD forests have Profile Photos in them. Mattermost provides no administrative capability to set profile photos. Therefore, just yank them out of AD? Would prevent complex UI from being necessary and give us AD admins a more fancy way :)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to upload videos with size over 50mb

In the iOS application, you need to be able to choose the degree of video compression at startup. This is necessary so that you can compress videos and upload them. Now, when you try to upload a video clip, the video is primarily compressed, but since the compression algorithms are not good enough, the video still weighs too much and cannot be uploaded. Please fix it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. unlimited search results

for the default search backend (sql), search results are capped at 100!

you can verify this by loading jquery and doing:

$('.search-item__container').length;

you can see that paging isn't supported:

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/app/post.go#L821

and the sql uses LIMIT 100:

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/store/sqlstore/post_store.go#L834

i know this isn't an issue in enterprise because you're using elasticsearch, but please either bring elasticsearch to team edition or fix the default search backend. 100 results is sad :(

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Emoji in Channel Name

Allow emojis to be used in a channel name.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable a setting to allow sound alerts on a channel basis

I love that I can get notified when there is a post with a sound. But we have a community channel that a huge number of people belong to where things are discussed that I'm not interested in. I was added to the channel by my boss, and think it would be rude to disconnect. But if I could just turn off the notifications for that channel then I wouldn't be so distracted looking at many many notifications that have nothing to do with me and my work. Thanks for letting us make suggestions to make Matermost even better! Our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Restrict BigBlueButton to allowed users

As of now, mattermost custom integration plugin is available to all users on Team edition. It will be good if there is a restriction like "personal access token" can be enabled for particular users.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voice Messages Record and Play

The same way we can send messages, we should be able to send voice messages.

It should be as simple as click "add voice", record what you want, press send and it's made available on the server for others to listen.

It should be supported by browser and mobile client apps.

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. asana

Would be great to do an Asana plugin

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cybercriminals and scammers

Improve digital purchase habits and break into legitimate online purchases through cyber criminals and scammers. Due to the large numbers of transactions that are conducted in small quantities, the holidays are the ideal time for hackers and identity thieves to commit identity fraud.
    You can get help from: https://shuftipro.com/biometric-consent-verification/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can I use some custom fonts in Matter most?

Hello, Every one I just want to know can I add some kind of custom fonts like (https://fontvilla.com/aesthetic-text-generator/) in matter most to change the chat font.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. member list

Member list on side of chat window w/ status indicator

Show a member list on the side of the chat window listing all the users that are in the current room, sorted by status and then name (so that logged out users are at the bottom).

This seems critical to communication .. who's in the room, who's online, who am I talking to, am I in the right room before typing @everyone, etc. At a glance. The little member button with drop down is insufficient especially in rooms with hundreds of people.

This is a repost, but the original is…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to convert DMs into private channels

This is a really useful feature in Slack when you realize a topic deserves a dedicated channel, but want the DM history to become a part of it:

https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/217555437-Move-group-DMs-to-a-private-channel

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Configurable desktop notifications duration

Mattermost is intended to be team collaboration and messaging tool.
    It functions fine when working with channels which are similar to forums or IRC channels.

But when sending direct messages, the user experience is quite bad because desktop notifications disappear after 5 seconds and when user is concentrating to something else or is AFK he will miss the notification and doesn't know that someone is trying to reach him.

It would be great if there was a configuration option where user can choose how long the notification should be displayed.

This feature was already implemented in v3.4, but was removed…

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic update for desktop client

The Mattermost desktop client should automatically check for updates and prompt the user to update. This feature is mandatory in today's security landscape, even for an Electron app.

Most of our users don't realize their desktop is many version out of date, with pending security fixes.

Bonus points for shipping builds via the Windows Store, macOS App Store, snapcraft, etc.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatically join consecutive messages from the same person

For threading purposes it'd be great if consecutive messages from the same person (maybe within some time window like 10 minutes) would be counted as a single message.

We use mattermost for an internal support chat and very often we get stuff like

"Hi!"
    "I have this issue with the fronk, for customer Acme"
    <screenshot>
    "Could someone take a look?"

You can't reply to any of those messages without losing crucial information in the thread.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. System Administrator: Ability to Import Users via CSV / Excel File

While system administrator are limited to only have the following methods to create / import users:
    * Local users: mattermost user create CLI, direct invite, team invite link
    * External users: LDAP / AD / SAML

It will be good to have the ability to use CSV or Excel file to bulk import the users with specific formatting especially if the organization has a lot of customers and is not utilizing AD / LDAP / SSO.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow selecting and deleting multiple messages at once

Allow Channel Admins to be able to enter "select" or "edit" mode where checkboxes appear next to the messages.
    Admins would be able to select messages one by one or to select a range of messages by clicking the first one, holding Shift button and selecting the last one (like we've used from other software).

After selecting multiple messages, Admins would be able to delete them at once, or perform any other action that might be implemented during the development (move, archive, flag, something else).

This feature would make it a lot easier to delete whole bunches of off-topic messages…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Windows 10 on ARM Build

Bitte einen Build (Installationspaket) für Windows on ARM64 zusätzlich.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make history of last channels with part of last message on CTRL+K window

Make history of last channels with part of last message on CTRL+K window. Because when you have many chat channels, it becomes difficult to navigate between them and remember where was your last important conversation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base