General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable join/leave messages globally

It would be nice to disable the join/leave messages independently from the user specific setting. We use a channel to post anonymous posts via a bot. People can see who joined and see a link to an anoynmous post.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom date display setting in users Account settings

It would be nice if users (for example for languages that are not yet translated for Mattermost) could change the format of the date in their apps like they can now change the time appearance. For example short date would be very nice option for many european languages like "dd.mm.yyyy" or even "d.m.yyyy" or "d.m.yy" (year wih two digits only).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration with smallchat

Smallchat is a live chat for visitors of our websites. It already works with slack, so it would be great if it would work with mattermost too https://small.chat/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being able to kick multiple and all users at once from a channel

Expanding the
    from
    /kick @USERNAME
    to
    /kick @all
    /kick @here
    /kick @channel
    /kick @username @username

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. chat level

it is possible t create our own chat hierarchy? for example i want to create some chat on this way

1.- Client
    2.- Team
    3.- Project: inside here the prject cht rooms woth groups of members managed in a custom app or mattermost

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Read-only for external clients

It would be great to send secure links of an private channel to a client for status updates.

What i want to do is:
    I want to start a new channel and write status updates or some information about the progress of an project.
    External clients should be able to view this channel only and see what has been posted und get current state if they want.
    But they should not be forced to register a new account. (Read/view only).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Storage backend open stack swift

For users who don't want to or can't use Amazon S3 or local filesystem, adding support for Open Stack Swift improves the "Cloud portability" of Mattermost, in addition to supporting more use cases.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. maintain right hand sidebar (RHS) open state, when switching between teams (4.1.2)

Every time I switch between teams, the sidebar closes.

I'm looking to have the sidebar open 100% of the time, because it's functionally useful and it's more cognitive load when screen looks different after every team switch (often).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show slash command for in_channel integration responses

One subtle different between slack and mattermost around slash commands is that "in_channel" responses in slack also show the initial user and command. I find this helps visibility, especially if the command has arguments - /bitbucket status vs /bitbucket status project for example.

https://api.slack.com/slash-commands#in_channelvsephemeral__responses

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a text display feature to off/on the auto-collapsed(Show More Link)

“If it includes more than 300 characters or more than 5 line breaks, the message will be collapsed and a “Show More” link will be added to expand the message.”

This Message Attachments rule is not good for quick reading.You must click the "Show More" link again and agian to read a lot of long texts.So would you mind adding a feature to off/on This?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prevent users from posting ineffective @mentions while editing a post

At the moment, there is no indication whether a mention will be "effective" (i. e. it will actually trigger notifications).
    This lead to confusion among our users, who intended to trigger a mention by editing an existing post, what - of course - currently doesn't work.

There are two possible solutions to this:

1) Show users a warning, when their @mention will not have any effect
    This could be along the lines of: "You can't trigger @mentions by editing an existing post. Please write a new post if you want to mention someone."

2) Make edits trigger mentions
    This would…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mention notifications should differentiate between “mention you” and “mentioned all”

This seems like an almost fatal flaw. I hope it can be implemented soon as it doesn’t seem like a major project!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give the option to move Direct Messages to the right of the channels (In between Channels & Chat)

It would be nice to be able to move the Teams / Channels / Direct Messages in separate blocks so to be customizable.

Right now i have alot of channels and my direct messages are all the way down. If i could move the direct messages to the right of the channels i think it would be neatly organized.

Teams > Channels > Direct Messages > Chat window

Cheers,

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move thread to another chanel

Sometime, a thread is created in a channel that is the wrong one.

There should be a way to move this channel into another channel with all its answers (by the original user and/or admin).

This option could be added to the [...] menu of (the first?) message of a thread.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Interactive Message links/flat-buttons

I really like the interaction message buttons!
    https://docs.mattermost.com/developer/interactive-message-buttons.html

I am trying to clone the /remind functionality in Slack into Mattermost, and the button interactions are working well, but the links to 'delete', 'Close list', 'view completed items', etc do not have an equivalent in Mattermost. (For now I am going to perhaps have buttons for these though it's not as flexible as I'd like)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Clear cache automatically at set time or do not cache data on Desktop client

On Windows, conversations are cached locally on the desktop client under the Roaming/Mattermost/Cache folder. These cache files contain sensitive information from conversations in the desktop app. I would like an option in the desktop client to either 1) disable cache completely or 2) clear the full cache on a regularly scheduled timeframe (ex. every 6 hours). Disabling cache is better as it makes sure that the conversation isn't saved to the local file system. This is important for projects that do not want any sensitive conversations available outside of Mattermost.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Proxy third-party http requests through Mattermost server

It would be very useful if http/s requests from Mattermost clients (web,desktop,mobile) to third party sites (for example analytics calls via js) could be optionally proxied through the Mattermost server itself. In restrictive environments these calls to third parties are often blocked by local security software, causing errors in the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the posibility to have a list of teams instead of the very small squares in the teams column

The small squares of team names are very difficult to find a team in as the team name does not fit in the little square.
    I would like to have the option to have a list similar to the one with topics within a team instead of those small squares.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Re-Add yourself to a channel you left

We would like to have a feature where you can add yourself back to a channel that you have left.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unsubscribe from email notifications directly from the email

Currently when you receive an email notification, you cannot unsubscribe from the notifications directly from the email. Instead, you must log in, then go to Account Settings > Notifications to turn them off.

Propose providing a link in the email which allows you to unsubscribe from the notifications without logging in, similar to Discourse.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base