General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extract GIF from Giphy links

When posting a link to a Giphy page (e.g. http://giphy.com/gifs/power-rangers-morphin-OOZLyBA9Euq2I), it would be nice if Mattermost could automatically display the GIF below the post.
    (It works if you post the direct link to the .gif file but most users won't do that.)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow restricting GitLab/GitHub SSO user signups to only a particular team

Near as I can tell, right now if you use the GitLab/GitHub SSO option, any user with an account is able to sign up. It'd be great if there was a way to restrict signups to only users who are members of a particular team.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize search clause for fulltext search

Currently search clause for fulltext is using "@@" operator for PostgreSQL with tsvector/tsquery. But I would like to use "LIKE" operator with re-generated index for better search using language specific algorithm(e.g. Japanese).

Now search clause template is "@@ %s". I would like to replace it to "LIKE %s" or "LIKE func(%s)".

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Try to use less CPU / energy in native Mac App

Right now the Mattermost native Mac app is using a lot of CPU, pretty consistently over 10%, which seems really high for an app of this type. What could it possibly be doing to use that much CPU? The energy impact is almost up there with known battery drainers like Chrome and Firefox. I know it's a beta, so please consider this some beta-user feedback. Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CTRL+F on Windows Desktop app puts cursor in Mattermost search box filtered to channel

In the browser CTRL+F brings up text search for the page, so propose in the Windows Desktop app CTRL+F brings up Mattermost search pre-filtered to the channel to have a similar effect.

Other than the ability to search a page, the browser and desktop app have almost the same functionality.

Adding this would make the experiences more equivalent, rather than having desktop just slightly degraded.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A way to tell web hook is coming from matter most.

I hate having to have multiple repos, one for slack and one for mattermost. Would be nice if post coming in would tell me it's coming from mattermost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use clocks to easily create and view threads

This feature is really usefull to identify and follow different conversations in a channel.
    When you click on a clock, it adds the clock in the beginning of the post (or at the position of the cursor).
    When you hover on a clock in a post, it highlights the referring post and the answers to this post.

You can see a demo there : http://sveetch.net/tribune/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For file storage, add support for Google Cloud Storage

For users who don't want to or can't use Amazon S3 or local filesystem, adding support for Google Cloud Storage improves the "Cloud portability" of Mattermost, in addition to supporting more use cases.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make build process easier

At the moment you have to configure the build environment to build the package. I'd suggest to create one script which will do the job without any configuration on almost all Linux environments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it easier to join multiple channels

A reply to my bug report confirmed, the join a channel feature is meant only to support joining one channel, and the modal window closes after one channel is selected.

Joining a channel is probably an occasional usage. When a user joins a community on mattermost, they are likely to jump in and join several channels at once, rather than occasionally adding a single channel.

Instead, the modal should not be forced closed, then users would be able to select as many channels as they like and exit the modal explicitly when finished.

QUOTE:
    Hi @ginkgomzd, would you be open…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add show and set focus to the window option on new message

Add an option to show and set focus to the window whether there are new messages or mention. To make it possible for a user to surely notice and to react the message.

I had already pull requested this feature. About detail following link.
    https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/pull/185

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Channels gathering by theme

In my team we start to have a lot of channels.
    Some are only for bots telling us the when the database is backed of when someone push on the git.

It could be nice to gather them by theme like "automation" or "tasks"...

Someone suggested to add tags to channels, it's something similar I guess.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Asynchronous uploads (that do not block chatting)

Right now, when you upload a larger sized file you are blocked from chatting until the upload finishes.

It would be nice if the upload is handled separately so you can continue sending new chats while the upload is processed. Slack does this too.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. no character length of name when display is set to "real name"

Now it is set to 24(?)

For example "Mansoor Nahasapeemapetilon" would be displayed as "Mansoor Nahasapeemapetil..."

There is enough space to display the whole name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Noification through Taskbar blink for new messages

There are instances when I am away from my PC and when I come back, I want my attention to be pulled to mattermost if I have new messages. A taskbar blink on new messages will do that.
    Now I have to remember to open mattermost every once in a while, which you tend to forget when you are busy with other work.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to show integration username overrides in push notifications

When push notifications get sent they show up as my username for my integrations (username posted to channel). It would be great if the notifications showed username overrides instead or there was an option to do so, "Nagios posted to channel".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a quick transition to Idividualny chat

Add a quick transition to Idividualny chat by clicking on the user name\avatar in the channel.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add option to restrict DMs to users who share at least 1 team

Proposed text:

System Console > Team Settings > Direct Message options

Enable users to open Direct Message channels with:

• Any user on the Mattermost server // default

• Any member of a team on which a user is also a team member

Help text: ”Any user on the Mattermost server” enables users to open a Direct Message channel with any user on the server, even if they are not on any teams together. "Any member of a team on which a user is also a team member" limits the ability to open Direct Message channels to only users who share at…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Limit matches for @ completion to users in the active channel

With a mattermost setup with hundreds of users, you get a lot of username matches when you type @, however if you're in a channel with only a small subset of the hundred users, you still need to narrow down the list by typing in more characters than necessary to match the name you want. For improved efficiency the list of users to match against shoulld be limited to the users currently on the channel.

This limit should of course not be applied if you are doing /msg @someone, and possibly not even when you mention @someone somewhere inside your…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base