File Archieving Feature
I suggest to have a file archieving service that will move old files to an archive repository.
If the user tries to access an archieved file, the server must be clever enough to recover that file from the archive repository.
- Archive repository could be cloud server or a NAS with FTP service.
- Upload files to archive repository whenever the file repository is full or the files are too old(set by the admin. I think 1 month old is enough).
- Download files from archive repository will be slower. That’s fine this is an economical solution.
- Archive repository is not mandatory, it should be disabled by default unless the admin decides to set it up, keeping MM installation simple.
- Only the actual files are transfered the archive repository. Previews, thumbnails could stay in the file repository.
I would like to add:
- It can also be another local storage
- The files should be strongly compressed
- The files should be compressed on the "normal" storage or moved and compressed to the archive storage