General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switch the status color indicator to the background of the icon

User icons are okay now on the left side list but would it be even more clear to switch the icon color to white and change the background color for the status? Please check the link for a demo:
    https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/issues/549

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support moving channel without adding all members to new team first

Currently when moving a channel with CLI you must first manually add all users to new team. The CLI should automatically add missing users to new team when moving channel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. nano editor

Some of us prefer nano over vi. It can't be that big of a deal to include nano in the container, can it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Direct message autoreply limit

If two persons both have auto replies to DM messages on, it can lead to a situation where auto replies are sent both ways in eternal loop. Could there be some limit how many replies are sent to a person or in a discussion?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Welcome message for new users

It will be nice that upon entering a team, a welcome message is displayed to that user. Message can be composed on the Team Settings or perhaps in the console.
    In the message an admin can point out custom slash commands or any new feature that needs to be highlighted.
    User can save the message (just like any other) for future reference is desired.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use correct typographical symbols for all user-facing strings such as curly quotes for apostrophes (‘’) and quotes (“”)

Use correct typographical symbols for all user-facing strings such as curly quotes for apostrophes (‘’) and quotes (“”).

You should also avoid other typographical mistakes like n-dashes (–) and ellipsis (…) characters.

See this thread for more details: https://github.com/mattermost/platform/issues/4921#issue-198207996

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Snooze for channel notifications

I don't want to miss when my team is posting comments on our channel but I also don't want to be be notified every few seconds when things pick up. It would be nice if I could receive a notification and am then aware things being said but I could go in and select a snooze option. Then for the next 15 minutes I don't get distracted for every posting and can choose where my attention is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Hot Unread": Highlight channels with recent activity

"Unread" on its own isn't always useful.

I watch close to 100 channels. Many of the channels are in a permanent unread state because they're not critical. What I'd really like to know is which channels have recent activity (say within the last hour) so I can jump into an active conversation.

This doesn't replace "Unread", but would be an elevated state, like "Hot Unread". After a period of time, it then falls back to "Unread"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hyperlink support + Keyboard shortcut

Requesting the capability to have hyperlinks via a keyboard shortcut (like Cmd+K).

Github link:
    https://github.com/mattermost/docs/issues/3681

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prevent hashtags in code blocks from being counted as hashtags

Whilst hashtags in code blocks are not highlighted blue and clickable, they do appear in a search for that hashtag and are treated as actualy uses of that hashtag on the back end.

This causes issues as many code blocks inevitably have hashtags delineating comments.

Ideally they should be ignored completely, but I reckon the behaviour should at least be consistent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reply arrow on phone

The reply arrow that is seen when hovering over a message on the desktop app is not available on the phone apps until you hit the "...". Is it possible to have both the ... and reply arrow visible on the phone app as well? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Private message with authorized members only

Hi, (I am new to this forum but I have installed Mattermost in my organization)

Is it possible to add a new choice in the administrative console in the option “Allow users to open private message channels with” to request permission to create private messages with members who use the platform.

Currently, the configuration choices are:

All members of the team
    Any user on the Mattermost server
    and I would like to add :

Only authorized members
    To prevent all members from communicating privately without prior notice

Is it a good idea ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. monday

Build an integration for Monday.com pulses and updates to pulses to be able to post data back to channels and users in mattermost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Employee Time Tracking Software

I am here to introduce our product Desklog - Employee Time Trackinng Software. Are you implementing work from home for your employees? Are you worried about the work productivity? Use Desklog and track the real time productivity of your employees and boost the performance of your team.
    Visit: https://desklog.io/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. have system tray icon indicate when not logged in

The system tray icon is white when I am caught up on reading. It turns amber or red when I have messages to read or direct messages. But it was white all morning. I was curious why everyone was so quiet, but didn't look. Then I went to direct message someone and saw I wasn't even logged in.

Feature suggestion: system tray icon indicate when not logged in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notificiation settings per server

If using Mattermost with more than one Server it would be great if the user could have separate notification settings or the option to mute one or more selected servers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make switch channel more intuitive

If I open the switch channel dialog and begin to type the beginning of a name for which several entries exist, then this list is ordered alphabetically and does not take into account open chats with people.

This feature is only useful if you want to speed up navigation. I expect the dialog to show open chats before others so you dont have to navigate in the list to select the correct entry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display option to add a click count next to embedded links

Similar to how discourse (https://forum.mattermost.org/) tracks the number of clicks on a link.

Proposed spec:

1) Add Team Setting > Display > Advanced Message Display Options

Title: Advanced Message Display Options

Help text: "Advanced options for message display."

[ ] Show count of clicks next to hyperlinks in messages.

2) If zero clicks have been made on a link, show no indicator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Flag abusive or dangerous posts

Please give users the ability to flag posts that could be considered abusive, dangerous, or contrary to corporate policies. Once flagged a link to the post would be sent to a specific email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base