General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow SVG as custom emoji

Allow the user to upload SVGs as custom emoji

currently only PNG, JPG and GIF are allowed. But when I tried to upload an SVG the Preview rendered, but the saving was not possible because of file extension limitations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add emoji management via API

It would be nice to be able to add / remove custom emojis via API. Then it would be very simple to propose complete packs of custom emojis and apply them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When using the channel reference (~ sign), sort the results with exact matches of name first

Currently when using the channel reference (~ sign), it sorts the results alphabetically, and it matches these search results based on the display name, the channel URL and the channel purpose.

It would be better however if it were to sort the direct matches with display name higher/at the top of the list so it would be easier for users to find and navigate to those channels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. List of Flagged Posts in Mobile Application

It would be a good idea in mobile application to have a button that list of flagged post in channel details. To see a flagged post, it would be very difficult to seek all posts earlier.
    Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mattermost - Dropbox Integration

As of now, the integration between Mattermost and Dropbox relies on third party setup such as Zapier and Integromat:
    * https://zapier.com/apps/dropbox/integrations/mattermost
    * https://www.integromat.com/en/integrations/dropbox/mattermost

It will be great to have a built in plugin to perform this functionality. For example, send a notification to a channel / direct message when a file is uploaded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the hosting application detect the white-window crash state, and automatically reload.

Summary

We apparenlty have a server issue causing the Mattermost window to go white with no activity on my behalf. View->Refresh recovers it, but how come I have to do that manually?

Steps to reproduce

version 4.2.0 on Linux.

1. Log in and leave it until it goes white - roughly once or twice most days, some days not at all.

Expected behavior

It should detect that it's gone white, create some log bundle for creating issues here, and then refresh itself (with perhaps exponential throttling so it doesn't end up in a wild refresh loop if things are really wrong…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow message with slack attachments to show there fallback text in email notifications (instead of sending an empty email)

Hi all,

We ran into an issue where messages sent that consist of an attachment as per:
    https://docs.mattermost.com/developer/message-attachments.html 1
    don’t show anything in email notifications. I was wondering if this was intended?

I can imagine sending the formatted text is difficult, but part of the message attachment is a fallback string and including this in the email notification should be feasable.

Kind regards,
    Louis

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have the ability to jump directly to the first message in a channel

When a user needs to scroll up through a lot of history, it can take a lot of time and effort. It would be much better if there was a button or ability letting users to jump directly to the first message in a channel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. EE: Legal notice presentation for system, team and channels

Similar to Custom intro text for systems, teams and channels (https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/18595492-custom-intro-text-for-system-team-and-channels) this EE feature would be to enable the presentation of legal notices, formatted in markdown, by clicking an "I agree" button, instead of a "I do not agree" button (which would deny access to the system, team or channel on which the legal agreement is attached.

There needs to be a PRINT button to print the agreement, and a DOWNLOAD button to download a copy as a text file (in markdown, which is readable).

A full text record of the agreement at the time of acceptance should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Set user position when user create, in Command Line Tools

The option 'user create' in the Command Line Tools is email, firstname, lastname, locale, nickname, password, username, system_admin. There is no "position".
    I would like an option to set "position".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create Business Email With Custom Domain Hosting Via Mattermost

I think it would be awesome to use Mattermost to host a business domain email instead of Google or Microsoft ect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Desktop app: Ability to find a permalink

There is no way to navigate to a permalink (the way I can in a browser address bar). This makes collaborating with inbound traffic (e.g. a reference in an email) very hard, I end up switching to a browser. (I realize this might be borderline feature request, but the lack of handling is specific to this client, or my ignorance of how to use it.)

1. Get permalink from existing post

2. Switch to different channel, same team

3. Paste full link (or just token ID) into search

4. Nothing found

Original report: https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/issues/622

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using hashtags to trigger mentions

Currently it is not possible to configure hashtags to trigger a mention.
    Example: if "#release" is configured as a word that triggers mentions using this hashtag in a message doesn't trigger a notification. if "release" is configured as trigger, both "release" and "#release" in a message trigger a notification.

(our current workaround for notification purposes is to only use words in hashtags that are usually not used in messages - which can lead to unwanted notifications)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. include a Trace option in the logging modes.

We were having an issue that was causing Mattermost to continually crash for no apparently reason. Nothing was consistent in the log files, debug didn't give enough information, heck I even did an strace on the PID and wasn't able to get anything useful. A Trace option should include DB calls, perhaps a transaction ID to link the API call to the DB call...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow to search for user name based on email and/or full (and partial) name

In my company many people use fancy names, abbreviated names and so on. If I want to communicate to someone I know (email, full name) but doesn't know his MM user name, I really don't know how to do it.
    (But I am still quit new to MM, so maybe there is a way?)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve High Availability UI

Some improvements could help administration:

• In the Cluster Status table, highly the node that the user is currently connected to so it's obvious

• Provide a way to connect directly to the server on the local port to debug that specific server.

Any other ideas for improvement?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better Upgrade Notification for Old Desktop App

As of now, we do not have a clear warning message to indicate that a desktop client has compatibility issue (old version) with the latest Mattermost Server version.

it will be a good idea to have a message (pop up) that detects the desktop client version and remind them to upgrade it to the latest version if it is at least 1.x version behind the current one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Move thread to another chanel

Sometime, a thread is created in a channel that is the wrong one.

There should be a way to move this channel into another channel with all its answers (by the original user and/or admin).

This option could be added to the [...] menu of (the first?) message of a thread.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make Shift-Up select from the list of recent messages to reply to

Currently Shift-Up allows for a quick reply to the latest message, but what if someone just said something and the one you want is no longer the latest?

Repeated presses could move up through the message history, allowing to reply to a message that isn't the latest.

Likewise, Shift-Down (currently unused) could move down the list (and, optionally, all the way back to the main input field like Ctrl-Shift-L)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base