General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Policy for new account to change the initial password

Hello world,

we host mattermost by our own. So it is not allowed to register by your self. Our admin create the user with a initial password.

So it will be good, that the user have to change the initial password.

What do you think about it?

Best reguards

Steve

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proxy third-party http requests through Mattermost server

It would be very useful if http/s requests from Mattermost clients (web,desktop,mobile) to third party sites (for example analytics calls via js) could be optionally proxied through the Mattermost server itself. In restrictive environments these calls to third parties are often blocked by local security software, causing errors in the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unsubscribe from email notifications directly from the email

Currently when you receive an email notification, you cannot unsubscribe from the notifications directly from the email. Instead, you must log in, then go to Account Settings > Notifications to turn them off.

Propose providing a link in the email which allows you to unsubscribe from the notifications without logging in, similar to Discourse.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. While Channel deletion there should be an option to download the whole chat

While Channel deletion there should be an option to download the whole chat which was present in the channel

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Toggle the visibility of bot/webhook messages

I'd like a way to quickly hide/show bot and webhook messages in a channel. It would be easier to have conversations when the channel is regularly "spammed" by bot messages. Could be a simple button in the channel header

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have favourite channels visible from other teams

Private messages and their favourites are visible regardless of team. It would be nice if favourite channels are also available from any team, regardless of the team they belong to. This would make communication across teams faster and easier.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow images uploaded by team members to be delivered over CDN

For various reasons the server hosting my Mattermost instance is located in the USA however most of its users are located in Australia. Large uploads and image are quite slow to download or view. It would be convenient if an asset host could be configured to allow the uploads to be delivered via a CDN (configured and set up separately).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SIP implementation

Users should be able to sign in with a SIP account and make and receive voice calls through it and maybe even transfer it internally. It's important for customer services calls.

Video call is only a nice-to-have feature.

And admin needs to be able to assign a SIP account to a user.

It should be rather easy to implement since there a lot of SIP clients out there.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Daily email notification option

I have the team version of Mattermost for a small project with friends hosted at my house. The best way to notify my group is via email, however, I can only send so many emails a month through my SMTP server. It would be nice if there was an option for sending a once a day notification added in addition to the instant, 15 min, and hourly.

It would be also really helpful if I could set this as default for all my users and let them change it if they need to.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [Feature Request] close the websocket connection when revoke the user access token

Hi all,

I noticed that when I revoke the access token of a user. and the websocket connection of this access token is not closed or disconnected.

in addtion, there is no new message from the websocket when revoked the accesstoken, but the websocket connection is ok.

is it posssible to close the websocket connection when revoke the access token or session?

mattermost server version: 4.5.0

thanks a lot

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Invite users ignoring white list

We are using mattermost at our university and have a whitelist set-up so only people from our university can join. However some teams have indicated they want to cooperate with others who are not officially affiliated with our university and thus have no university e-mail address.

We would like an option for sysadmins to invite these users to the server.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Modify a user via CLI

Would be nice to have the ability to update/modify a user via the CLI. Similarly to create user, you are able to set their name, email, etc. It would be nice to be able modify those details of an existing user via the CLI or even UI. I've found some user's end up entering their names all lower case or some don't even enter their details.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add anchors to /help/* docs

Many "normal" users have problems writing markdown when chatting.
    For example, my friend don't know how to add "In-line Images".
    So, I want to send him a link to "In-line Images" section at https://chat.ohze.net/help/formatting
    But I can't because "In-line Images" is not an anchor like, ex https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#stage-1-pm-review (auto added by github for headings in a markdown document)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Disable notifications functionality for defined period of time

As a user I want to deactivate Mattermost notifications in my windows desktop application for a defined period of time. After this period the notifications will be shown as before.
    I can predefine in the period in the setings.
    I would like to activate this function by right clicking on the system tray icon and choose the action.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I can search easily for a group name on iPhone, but there is not the same convenient matching feature on macOS.

I can search easily for a group name on iPhone, but there is not the same convenient matching feature on macOS. Also on iPhone, I see all unread messages at top of list, on macOS I have to scan the whole list to find unread messages. So the macOS client needs to catch up with the iPhone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Private message with authorized members only

Hi, (I am new to this forum but I have installed Mattermost in my organization)

Is it possible to add a new choice in the administrative console in the option “Allow users to open private message channels with” to request permission to create private messages with members who use the platform.

Currently, the configuration choices are:

All members of the team
    Any user on the Mattermost server
    and I would like to add :

Only authorized members
    To prevent all members from communicating privately without prior notice

Is it a good idea ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Delete an user's private conversations

In some cases we need to delete all private conversations from an old user but without deleting the user (so it doesn't break continuity in public conversations).
    We use an SQL query:
    SELECT DISTINCT Name FROM Channels INNER JOIN
    (SELECT Id FROM Users WHERE Username LIKE 'Foo')
    sub ON Name LIKE concat('%', sub.Id, '%');
    Then "platform channel delete" to delete the channels.

But it would be much easier to have a CLI command that does this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a Message of the Day feature for each channel

We have several teams at work and each channel in the team has a specific purpose. It would be ideal if we could set a time at which a recurring message of the day would be posted. We would include links to resources for the team as well as recent news for people who have been out of the office and are returning.

It would be like an extension to the header and purpose sections. Ideally tagging people would work such that some of the messages can act as daily reminders to everyone of the schedule.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include channel creation and management restrictions in team edition

I know these features were left out of Team Edition to keep it simple, but these options are present in the config.json file.

Enabling this features from just the config.json file would keep the team edition ui simple, but give smaller teams the same ability to control the whims of their users

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 100% Slack Compatible Webhooks

I would like Mattermost to be able to consume any Slack-compatible webhook. It is very frustrating that I have to build a tool to proxy webhooks from GitHub for example.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base