General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slack-like browser icon change behaviour for DND mode

In Slack, if the current user mode is DND, there are three types of browser tab icon:

1) The normal icon when there is nothing new in the team chat.
    2) The white icon when there are some new messages in some channels.
    3) The red icon when there are some new messages with mentions or in the user private channel.

It would be nice to have the same behaviour so that the user in DND mode can avoid notifications but react accordingly based on tab icon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Read-only channels but with threads allowed

Hello,

It would be nice to have an ability to restrict messages in the channel but allow messages in the threads for the channel.

So that channel looks like a forum. Only answers to the posts are allowed.

Github issue: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/14453

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BBB moderator for "team_admin".

Is it possible to add a setting to limit the rights to create a webinar only for "team_admin" with the rights of a moderator of a webinar? The rest of the team members are like ordinary listeners, without the possibility of intercepting the rights of a moderator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamic documentation URL

At the moment all the documentation points to https://mattermost.com which is inaccessible from our environment (no internet access). We have mirrored your documentation to our environment and wish to link to it, instead of https://mattermost.com
    At the moment this seems impossible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Restrict BigBlueButton to allowed users

As of now, mattermost custom integration plugin is available to all users on Team edition. It will be good if there is a restriction like "personal access token" can be enabled for particular users.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow mobile app download of .zip folders for easier file transfer

Allow users on mobile app to download .zip folders much like they can from the browser interface. Because the app can't show a preview of the .zip folder, you are unable to download the .zip folder on the iOS app and I assume but have not verified the Android app as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unread count location in GUI

Unread count should be displayed on the far left of each channel.

As it sits today, the count is on the far right. For channels with long names or multiple members, you can't actually see the unread count, which makes it useless. In addition, just bolding the channel name is not very easy to see/discern.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Snooze for channel notifications

I don't want to miss when my team is posting comments on our channel but I also don't want to be be notified every few seconds when things pick up. It would be nice if I could receive a notification and am then aware things being said but I could go in and select a snooze option. Then for the next 15 minutes I don't get distracted for every posting and can choose where my attention is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better wording for account deactivation

When a user want to delete his account, he can think "deactivation" is enough but doesn't necessarily know that it just means that he cannot log anymore…

Maybe (in advanced settings):

"By deactivating your account you will no longer be able to log in but the messages will be kept. To permanently delete your account and your messages, please contact your administrator."

And a similar (or the same) message in email notification.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Direct message autoreply limit

If two persons both have auto replies to DM messages on, it can lead to a situation where auto replies are sent both ways in eternal loop. Could there be some limit how many replies are sent to a person or in a discussion?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mattermost and Atlassian JIRA

Hi all,

we would like to have a button in our Confluence System (onprem) like a "share with Mattermost" button so that users easily can share their spaces with a mattermost team or channel.

I know that there is a plugin "slack for mattermost" that is compatible with MM, but thats "only" the integration, not a button.

Regards,
    Martin

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Image preview blacklist

Image Preview: Add a site blacklist to prevent image previews from selected sites.

Example: Someone can set up private repositories on github that aren't visible to users that aren't logged in and aren't members of the organization. Link preview currently creates a preview of the root github page. This is pretty annoying when you're sharing links to pull requests with coworkers.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Discord audio channel LIke

Hello there,

something really missing in mattermost is an audio channel for user, can u please adding this feeatures

thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. integrate with an(other) open source kanban platform

There are other open-source kanban applications besides Trello. I'd like it if there were other integrations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cisco Jabber Plugin

Cisco Jabber plugin for Mattermost to relay Jabber messages to MatterMost and visa versa.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set channel ID for incoming webhook

Incoming webhooks already allow posting to a specific channel using the channel name. I want the option to use channel ID instead.

Channel names are mutable, which means an integration cannot save the names and reliably interact with the same channels in future. Instead it has to save the channel ID and query for the name before every request.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show confirmation before joining a new team

We use Mattermost at CERN and have several teams, some of which are used for support. We link to these teams from web pages and community updates, and by default users get added to the team without confirmation. They then promptly realise that they didn't want to join a team and then leave.

Suggestion: Add a confirmation pop-up when a user clicks on a link to a team they are not yet a part of, with the question: "Would you like to join the "[team name]" team on Mattermost? Yes/No"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send a notification to the mobile app when the sesson is expired

Currently, there is no way for a user to know that their mobile session expired without opening their app and checking it manually. This causes users to potentially miss out important messages as they may not realize that they are signed out.

To solve this, it would be best if the Mattermost mobile app sent a notification when the session is expired, so the user is aware of it and can sign back in.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Clarified "Channel Purpose"

The "purpose" element of each channel is very difficult to see. Information such as who created this channel doesn't need to be noticeable. The necessary "purpose" statement is buried in the information. I want at least the "purpose" statement to bold the font.
    I want to hide or move information other than the purpose.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make new posts stand out more

When there are multiple teams, when a new post is made to another team, it is difficult for users to notice it. I want you to show it with an impact that would reverse the color information of the icon.
    The same can be said for the channel name display within each team. It is difficult to understand with the current bold display.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base