General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have the ability to jump directly to the first message in a channel

When a user needs to scroll up through a lot of history, it can take a lot of time and effort. It would be much better if there was a button or ability letting users to jump directly to the first message in a channel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add YouTrack Integration

Add integration for YouTrack by JetBrains

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support multiple AD/LDAP domains

Currently Mattermost supports AD/LDAP integration to a single AD/LDAP domain. The proposal is for the integration to support multiple AD/LDAP domains.

We have an open ticket for it in our backlog, and this feature proposal is to gauge how popular this feature would be among our user base.

https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/MM-5751

Note that you can currently configure Mattermost deployments with multiple AD/LDAP domains using a forest structure: https://docs.mattermost.com/deployment/sso-ldap.html#configure-ad-ldap-deployments-with-multiple-domains

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option in a channel: force view pinned posts

In some channels some messages are ‘must read’...
    An option ‘I have read this one’ would be great then.
    It would also be nice to be able to reorder the pinned posts.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Function 'Automatically Close Direct Messages' shouldn’t close unread Messages

The function should only close already read messages. If a user is on vacation and comes after ten days back to work, the user should see all unread messages in the sidebar even if the unread message is older than seven days.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. one file installation on hosted servers

The installation should be only depending on a ftp-access to a hosted server storing data in flat files. Second best would be mysql connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Miniature (icon) Mugshot in leftmost Direct Messages pane, shown before name

In the “Direct Messages” leftmost pane show a miniature mugshot, in addition to the persons name shown. The same mugshot /image as shown in message conversation list view.

Sometimes the name is not know or remembered, but the face is not easily forgotten (unless your blind) and might be recognized, when initiating a conversation.

My list contain about 100 developers, many with similarly sounding names and it would ease when trying to find the right developer.

When having many contacts often the names becomes very similar i.e John A Smith, John B Smith, John C Smith.

Which of those is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable MFA reset through the system console

It would be nice if there were a way to reset someone's MFA configuration from the System Console instead of having to use the command line tool. For large teams, MFA devices are lost fairly frequently so it's burdensome to have to use the command line tool each time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Parse channel search string to allow more powerful queries

I use the channel switcher with Ctrl+K a lot. Recently I joined two groups that have some overlapping members:

Group X has members aa, bb, me. Group Y has members aa, cc, me.

Now, it is quite tedious to search for them efficiently. If I search for "bb" and "cc" I will hit direct messaging with either of the two. And if I search for "aa" it is even worse: I get the two groups, plus direct messaging.

I suggest to allow for a search expressions as follows: "a b", "a c". I expect this to find group channels where…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Check which channels are being actively used by the company (Latest comment date)

My company has multiples teams and more than 20 channels in each of them. I am a new employee, and I have to join each channel to check if they are being used looking for the latest comment date.

Is there a feature to order channels by the latest comment date or to filter the channel list to have only the ones that are being used?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Desktop app: Help menu should be accessible by keyboard under Windows

On the Windows client, the "Help" menu is not accessible by keyboard. This is because both the "History" and the "Help" menu have the same accelerator letter "H" assigned, so Alt+H opens the "History" menu (presumably because it comes first). Furthermore, the menu bar doesn't follow the normal Windows UI convention that you can toggle keyboard focus from/to the menu bar by presing just the Alt key, and that you can navigate between menus using the left/right arrow keys when keyboard focus is on the menu or menu bar, thereby preventing the other way the "Help" menu could be accessed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add badge for new messages that's visible in a pinned tab.

When you've pinned a tab on your browser the badge that appears to show new messages within the client isn't visible. At best you have to hover to see a (*) that denotes new messages.

There should be an immediately visible badge on a pinned tab for unread messages.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have OS X client integrate with native system text services

In all other OS X apps, including Chrome, a variety of standard system services will be available to use with the selected text. For example, looking up the selected word in the dictionary or searching for it on the web. Users can also install custom text services systemwide.

Original report: https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/issues/463

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Desktop app: Minimize to tray when clicking on the icon

Currently, we have to close the windows in order to minimize to tray.

But a lot of similar apps, like Riot, allow minimizing to tray by clicking on the tray icon, which is much more convenient.

Please consider adding this.

Original report: https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/issues/845

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support Google Apps sign in when using the Android app

You've added Google Apps SSO sign in following suggestion https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/14879976-google-apps-sign-in, but support is still needed in the app interface.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "edited by admin" when admin edit someone's message

Team admin can edit users messages (when option is available) but it can be usefull to specify when it's not the user himself that edit, but an admin.

Proposal: add "(edited by admin)" instead of "(edited")

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter preview (on the server)

It would be nice if there was a server side filter for the preview URLs so, that for some URLs where it doesn't make sense, the preview is not shown at all. For example when posting a GitHub URL, the preview will likely show GitHub's 404 page, which doesn't add anything to the conversation.
    Since this is caused by the Mattermost server not being able to log in with GitHub, it makes sense to have this as a server administration setting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we save a chat

- idea is we can use this as attachment in other messaging tool like emails
    - this will be helpful in official purpose, so if required in future

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copied sheet (excel, google sheet) data and paste on mattermost format Markdown table

Paste read data type and apply markdown by default like google sheet, office excel format to markdown

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base