General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set channel ID for incoming webhook

Incoming webhooks already allow posting to a specific channel using the channel name. I want the option to use channel ID instead.

Channel names are mutable, which means an integration cannot save the names and reliably interact with the same channels in future. Instead it has to save the channel ID and query for the name before every request.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show confirmation before joining a new team

We use Mattermost at CERN and have several teams, some of which are used for support. We link to these teams from web pages and community updates, and by default users get added to the team without confirmation. They then promptly realise that they didn't want to join a team and then leave.

Suggestion: Add a confirmation pop-up when a user clicks on a link to a team they are not yet a part of, with the question: "Would you like to join the "[team name]" team on Mattermost? Yes/No"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send a notification to the mobile app when the sesson is expired

Currently, there is no way for a user to know that their mobile session expired without opening their app and checking it manually. This causes users to potentially miss out important messages as they may not realize that they are signed out.

To solve this, it would be best if the Mattermost mobile app sent a notification when the session is expired, so the user is aware of it and can sign back in.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clarified "Channel Purpose"

The "purpose" element of each channel is very difficult to see. Information such as who created this channel doesn't need to be noticeable. The necessary "purpose" statement is buried in the information. I want at least the "purpose" statement to bold the font.
    I want to hide or move information other than the purpose.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make new posts stand out more

When there are multiple teams, when a new post is made to another team, it is difficult for users to notice it. I want you to show it with an impact that would reverse the color information of the icon.
    The same can be said for the channel name display within each team. It is difficult to understand with the current bold display.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Is the Buffalo brand best for shirts?

I was buying brands such as Levi’s ,Gas,Guess & Jack Jones later I realized that apparels could eat up huge cash in today’s scenario as clothing prices have skyrocketed,later I realized that it would be good to have brands for daily ruff use then I saw price tags of ₹1199 in buffalo and bought few denims and shirts quality and colors were clear that its a cheap brand but the fit was first class after single was it looked different that’s the different between costly brands and cheap brands so it depends upo the person if you can afford ₹6999…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Tags to be added like Reactions

Since you already plan to add Tags, I would like to propose the ability to add tags like reactions so that people other than the original poster have the ability to tag the post!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blacklist specific email addresses

In a recent company (+5k employees) all employees with a certain email domain may join a mattermost team. But there are some few exceptions, where some employees may not join the team, altough they share an email domain. So it would be great to have a blacklist for certain email addresses.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have less subtle new message alerts in the Notification Area

So i have the MatterMost app on Windows. I dislike clutter on my taskbar and having too many windows open, so I have it minimised to a notification area icon most of the time.

The notification area icon looks nice, it's little a white circle inside a circle, and the colour and design matches various other Windows 10 taskbar icons. Very neat and tidy.

However, I think that this aesthetic is not as important as knowing that I have a new message.

Currently when I get a new message and Mattermost is minimised to notification area, a small red dot…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Direct vs general notifications customization

The notification sound and duration should be customizable depending on whether it is a direct mention or a general activity.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integrate with Office 365/GDrive calander

It would be useful if we could set up mattermost to notify us from multiple calendars (personal, work etc). This way the user would not have to leave mattermost to check meetings/calls and make MM a more integrated workspace tool.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can I use some custom fonts in Matter most?

Hello, Every one I just want to know can I add some kind of custom fonts like (https://fontvilla.com/aesthetic-text-generator/) in matter most to change the chat font.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chronological message stream over all channels

Sometimes I read a message in one channel, get desturbed and get more messages in other channels. Later I want to go back to the first message, but cannot remember/find the channel anymore. In this case it would be handy to have a view of all messages from all channels in chronological order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PivotalTracker Integration

as a Project Manager/ Product Owner we need integration with Pivotal Tracker Project Management tool as follows, If Possible

• At certain time in the morning, developer get lists of task ID, task type (feature, bug, chore), person who write task, and summaries description about task were assigned to them

• Developer can update task by fills in data like
      Task ID #xxxx,
      Status,
      Comment.
      (if Task Status equal Deliver, developer can fill Pull request / Branch)

• Developer get notified if someone mentioned them in the Task Comment, and they can reply the comment (developer can view task ID and some description)
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. gallery view

I am not totally convinced of videocalls. In my opinion it is enough to use the audio channel as the main means of communication and a chat channel as a second option.

Of course there are many benefits from using videos like [nod vigorously or do thumbs-up, gesture like raise hands](https://martinfowler.com/articles/effective-video-calls.html)

but I think those can also be found in a chat. Maybe to a certain degree not as much in the good old serial chat. Therefore I`d like to establish a chat within gallery view, like they already exist in video calls, so all participants are able…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Admins should be able to clear or hide the history of a channel.

Sometimes I want to add new users to a channel, but I don't want them to see the messaging history. As an admin, I could have the right to delete the history of the chosen channel, or at least have the option to hide the history when new users join.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. lifesize

Looking for a Integration for video conferencing system "Lifesize"

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Image preview blacklist

Image Preview: Add a site blacklist to prevent image previews from selected sites.

Example: Someone can set up private repositories on github that aren't visible to users that aren't logged in and aren't members of the organization. Link preview currently creates a preview of the root github page. This is pretty annoying when you're sharing links to pull requests with coworkers.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. increase the 22 character limit on channel names.

Slack recently increased their character limitation on channel names. We would like Mattermost to increase the limit as well, as this has been a helpful feature since it was rolled out.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base