General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add member to direct message group

Allow people to be added to direct message groups without creating a new DM group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable spell checking

Currently, spell checking is always enabled and cannot be disabled.

To some users, the red underlining is visually distracting. Also, the spell checker is currently unable to detect on-the-fly, in-sentence language switching, which is sometimes used in mixed-language teams or when discussing mixed-language subjects (like programming).

Therefore, I'd like to suggest adding an option to permanently disable spell checking - either in the configuration, or, in the input bar's context menu, where the spell check language is usually selected.

In the input bar it could look like this:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1374413/67931185-aa8ae500-fbc1-11e9-920e-8dab512119a0.png

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. End-to-end (e2e) encryption support

This would require major architectural changes for the Mattermost server, but adding some use cases to gather feedback from the community.

Server admins wouldn't be able to read the content of conversations because they don't hold the keys to decrypt, which means users wouldn't have to worry about
    - Server admins spying on their private conversations
    - Governments subpoening server admins into handing over conversations
    - Hackers taking control of the server being able to read the conversations

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Know about the best mac cleaner app available at present

Mac Cleaner App assists with playing out specific tasks that keep up your framework and improves its exhibition. It fixes potential mistakes and offers you the chance to tweak concealed inclinations. Plate Doctor checks for blunders and garbage records that heap up on the framework. It is a little yet valuable application that adequately cleans garbage records from hard drive.

Despite the fact that Mac Cleaner App has accommodating highlights, it comes up short on certain things. It isn't completely highlighted in light of the fact that it just has a beta form for Mac along these lines prompting the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get some information about FP's Wireless Floor Sensor Mat System

The Frequency Precision Floor Sensor Mat is planned to work in anyway numerous workplaces as could sensibly be normal, and is flawless with most clinical guardian call systems. Three affiliation types are open as standard (Mono, Stereo and RJ9), which can be picked beginning from the drop menu at the top of the page. If you require an additional connector, select the Mono version, and subsequently the Nurse Call System Adaptor that arranges your necessities.
    https://www.frequencyprecision.com/collections/floor-pressure-mats

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow GIF picture as personal picture avatar

Allow GIF picture as personal picture avatar

Currently only BMP, JPG and PNG are supported (message: Upload a picture in BMP, JPG or PNG format. Maximum file size: 50MB)

I'm currently using Mattermost Version: 5.24.2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ARM is currently not supported by the plugin framework and Mattermost ?

I tried to test matterpoll plugin on a arm environment (Raspberrypi) whithout any success. Is true that arm does'nt support Mattermost plugin?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8work Time Tracking with Screenshoot Automation

8Work is a real-time tracking software with automated screenshot feature. It is time for you to focus on your project and leave the tracking to us.Record all important information so you can keep your project stays under the budget and everything running smoothly for the best result.

more info : https://bit.ly/8work

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize the BOT tag

Especially for incoming webhooks, it would be nice to override the BOT tag text that is shown on every message. This would allow (for instance) integrations to post to a channel as a user in the external system with the name of the system shown instead of BOT, e.g.:

someguy IRC: hello

or

myusername JIRA: issue comment

There would still be a visual indication that the username is associated with an integration and may not be an actual user, but the word BOT isn't always the best description of what's happening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Synchronise drafts between (mobile and desktop) clients

I currently use Mattermost from the web client and an iPhone. It would be great if draft messages were synchronised between the different clients.

This is not something that sounds particularly useful in the abstract, but it is a feature of Telegram and I found I would often write half a message and then remember that I had a relevant link or similar on a different platform, so want to continue the message where I could copy-paste that link. Now that we have switched to using Mattermost, I am missing it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate Pragli

Add Pragli to allow real-time voice chat
    Here is an example of slack with Pragli:
    https://pragli.com/blog/how-to-use-pragli-with-slack/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot copy and/or paste text to mattermost

I am using macOS Mojave and every time I copy some text from a different source (website, text editor) with command C and then try to paste it in a conversation with command V it doesn't work.

Copy and paste only works if I copy paste with the right click of the mouse, which is slower and more uncomfortable

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Private channels and messages to be sorted by the date of last received message

I think it would be preferable for the list of private channels and messages to be sorted by the date of last received message.
    Currently this list is sorted alphabetically and it's impossible to find last messages if you receive a lot of it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Forward messages to other users

Email forwarding generically refers to the operation of re-sending an email message delivered to one email address to one or more different email addresses.

The term forwarding, used for mail since long before electronic communications, has no specific technical meaning,[1] but it implies that the email has been moved "forward" to a new destination.

Email forwarding can also redirect mail going to a certain address and send it to one or more other addresses. Vice versa, email items going to several different addresses can converge via forwarding to end up in a single address in-box.[clarification needed]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. integrate with an(other) open source kanban platform

There are other open-source kanban applications besides Trello. I'd like it if there were other integrations.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. autofill/offer #...s that are already in use when creating a #...

when I start typing in a #..., I would like it to autofill with optional #...s that are already in use so I can see if there are like-minded posts and #...s already out there

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. separate latex math mode from syntax highlighting scheme

Currently, as far as I know, the only possibility to use latex math mode is through "highjacking" the syntax highlighting feature of preformatted text. However, I see two problems with this:
    1. This is counter intuitive as this syntax is normally used for another concept.
    2. At the moment, this solution "blocks" the possibility of sharing syntax highlighted latex code, because it seems to overwrite this default behavior of the used library for syntax highlighting.

Thus I recommend two changes:
    1. enable sharing of preformatted latex code through the use of backticks and language identifier tex (also, to be compatible…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. preserve manually set DND, AWAY and OFFLINE status

Currently, whenever I refresh the browser tab, the status goes from /any/ to online. Also, If I open a permalink (we use it often to reference discussions over features) the status changes to online.

It would be nice to leave the status as it was, if it was set manually. Especially the DND status should be preserved.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement a higher tier than Teams

Currently within a Mattermost server, the highest tier of organization are Teams. However, Teams are not self-contained, and even if it is configured so that users cannot join other teams/channels, users are still aware of other users outside of their respective Teams and can also communicate with one another.

It could be useful to have another tier above Teams, for example Clients (for servers that serve enterprise clients). Each Client will have its own ID, and within it their respective teams, channels and users. Each Client will be separate from one another, meaning that the users from one Client cannot…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable the click on a file link

Clicking on a file:// link does not work for local folders. On Desktop, it doesn't do anything. On Firefox, it opens a blank page.

Apparently, this is intentional as explained by @yuya-oc because:
    - Accepting local resources would allow to execute programs via malicious link
    - There is no situation where an user would want to share their local files without attached files.

In my usecase, we use Nextcloud to sync files within our group. And we have the same letter and path for local files. This is why we often share the file path instead of the file itself,…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base