General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. possibility to re-link uploaded images

When you upload or drag'n'drop an image to mattermost, that image gains a new name that does not end with an image extension, thus if you try to "copy image location" or use the "copy public link" from mattermost their will give u a link that you can paste back to matter most to re-link the image in a preview mode.

A copy public link will look like:

https://pre-release.mattermost.com/api/v3/public/files/zkqjspdektrqjde9xqnp7ef1er/get?h=gCgcKHjPrBr1OihNm-Iplg6-3uguwbWNDIMSev4GGuA

And copy image location will look like:

https://pre-release.mattermost.com/api/v3/files/zkqjspdektrqjde9xqnp7ef1er/get_preview

As you can see neither end with a image extension and so if I simple paste it back in a message it will…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. smtp authorization support request

for most small company, there is no ldap servier or sso. but all most have email service, self hosted or saas like google mail.
    if there is a authorization type called smtp authorization like oauth2(google,gitlab...), it will make company helpful more without make another authorization system, bothered with account management.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Invite users ignoring white list

We are using mattermost at our university and have a whitelist set-up so only people from our university can join. However some teams have indicated they want to cooperate with others who are not officially affiliated with our university and thus have no university e-mail address.

We would like an option for sysadmins to invite these users to the server.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use clocks to easily create and view threads

This feature is really usefull to identify and follow different conversations in a channel.
    When you click on a clock, it adds the clock in the beginning of the post (or at the position of the cursor).
    When you hover on a clock in a post, it highlights the referring post and the answers to this post.

You can see a demo there : http://sveetch.net/tribune/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide Channel description in tooltip in the left panel

Provide Channel description in tooltip in the left panel

Currently, we need to go to the channel, then click on the little arrow, then View Info

Personally, I spent 5 minutes to find this kind of information when I was checking that I didn't miss something and it is not yet available somewhere easily

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Daily email notification option

I have the team version of Mattermost for a small project with friends hosted at my house. The best way to notify my group is via email, however, I can only send so many emails a month through my SMTP server. It would be nice if there was an option for sending a once a day notification added in addition to the instant, 15 min, and hourly.

It would be also really helpful if I could set this as default for all my users and let them change it if they need to.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Markup to directly navigate to the ticket on Redmine, a small overview of the ticket as well.

Markup to directly navigate to the ticket on Redmine, a small overview of the ticket as well. For example, when I refer to a ticket I use #ticket_no. This could be parsed by the parser and replaced by an href that points to the ticket

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show the channel the incoming webhook has been set to

Currently I cannot find a way to know for which channel has been configured an incoming webhook (in my case, for integration with GitLab).

In the "Integrations/Incoming Webhooks" section, just appear the name of the webhook and the webhook URL it self, without saying for which channel has been set, and the option of deleting it. And in the GitLab side there's no way to know for which channel will be triggered the hook.

This come become a problem when you have several webhooks and channels.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Context menu on user names or mentions, like "Send Email", "View Profile" and allow integrations

Clicking on a user mention shows other mentions. But maybe we want to interact with that user in other ways, like sending a message (which should open the private conversation with them), send an email, view profile, etc.
    In addition, we could allow for integration with some other service. For example, integration can be defined as a URL endpoint that can pass/post the username as parameter or request a custom field in the use profile which then can be sent as parameter. For example, let's say we want to integrate with Skype to call the user via Skype. Integration might…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make new posts stand out more

When there are multiple teams, when a new post is made to another team, it is difficult for users to notice it. I want you to show it with an impact that would reverse the color information of the icon.
    The same can be said for the channel name display within each team. It is difficult to understand with the current bold display.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow adding custom words to user and/or team dictionaries.

Words not in the stock dictionaries are always marked as errors; there's no way around it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make an admin be able to differ between inactive and disabled users

The problem of the current situation is, that an administrator yet is only able to set an user account status to "inactive". This means more a disabling of the user, because the user is in no longer able to log in. In fact, he is locked out.
    It would be more appropriate to rename the status "inactive" to "disabled".

A new status "inactive" should be introduced where a user is in fact using the featureset of a "team edition". No license is acuired for this user and he doesn't get any push notifications anymore until he logs in again. By…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add anchors to /help/* docs

Many "normal" users have problems writing markdown when chatting.
    For example, my friend don't know how to add "In-line Images".
    So, I want to send him a link to "In-line Images" section at https://chat.ohze.net/help/formatting
    But I can't because "In-line Images" is not an anchor like, ex https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#stage-1-pm-review (auto added by github for headings in a markdown document)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Generic OAuth Provider

Ability to use a generic 3rd party OAuth server for programmatic logins to mattermost server (team edition)

Please see for detailed description:
    https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/14293

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Simple image editor - draw line to highligt part of image

A simple image editor for uploaded images. This to draw lines, write text and add arrows. Would be great when explaining things. As in a quick bug report.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. open the emoji picker with typing ":", followed by pressing Tab

I'd really like to see the emoji picker that can be activated as described in the title, instead of the ":" followed by minimum of 2 characters as it is at the moment.
    I'm aware of the full picker ticket https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/PLT-2354, but as i understand it doesn't include this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. one file installation on hosted servers

The installation should be only depending on a ftp-access to a hosted server storing data in flat files. Second best would be mysql connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. API rate limiting whitelist

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a whitelist of IPs or accounts that can bypass the API rate limit. For instance, I use the API to batch-create lots of user accounts, which generates a high volume of requests. Yet, I don't want to allow such a big volume for any user account/IP address, just for sysops and localhost. Would this be possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add user_real_name to outgoing slash commands or webhooks

An outgoing /slash command from mattermost sends information including the token, userid and username in the POST.

We would also like to see userrealname in the POST, without having to do another API call.

For example:

channelid=cniah6qa73bjjjan6mzn11f4ie&
    channel
    name=town-square&
    command=/somecommand&
    responseurl=not+supported+yet&
    team
    domain=someteam&
    teamid=rdc9bgriktyx9p4kowh3dmgqyc&
    text=hello+world&
    token=xr3j5x3p4pfk7kk6ck7b4e6ghh&
    user
    id=c3a4cqe3dfy6dgopqt8ai3hydh&
    username=freddy
    user
    real_name=Fred+Smith

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base