General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Policy for new account to change the initial password

Hello world,

we host mattermost by our own. So it is not allowed to register by your self. Our admin create the user with a initial password.

So it will be good, that the user have to change the initial password.

What do you think about it?

Best reguards

Steve

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. no character length of name when display is set to "real name"

Now it is set to 24(?)

For example "Mansoor Nahasapeemapetilon" would be displayed as "Mansoor Nahasapeemapetil..."

There is enough space to display the whole name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Image proxy support for normal proxy servers

Mattermost image proxy supports atmos/camo Image Proxy and local image proxy. Support should be added for normal proxies that one would set via HTTPSPROXY environment variable. I need images to go through a proxy but I don't want to see HTTPSPROXY for entire application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. chat level

it is possible t create our own chat hierarchy? for example i want to create some chat on this way

1.- Client
    2.- Team
    3.- Project: inside here the prject cht rooms woth groups of members managed in a custom app or mattermost

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete user avatar from CLI

We need a way to delete an user avatar with the CLI tool.
    Currently we delete the in data/users/ manually but it would be easier if we could do it by using the email instead of the ID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share messages between private conversations

Hello,
    it could be very usefull to have the possibility to share ones private message to another private user or to a channel; instead of copy and paste it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Configure AWS sns as push service

Hello Team ,

Let me know how can I use a aws SNS as push service in mattermost ? right now am using the mattermpst push proxy (https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-push-proxy)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a config show cli command

For troubleshooting purposes it would be handy to have a platform config show command that lists the effective configuration values. Thus, overriding environment variables must be considered. At least from the wording of platform config validate ('The document is valid'), it seems that environment variables aren't considered.

There could be filters to mangle the output, but grep is fine, imo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to have different themes on different devices

As of now, a change of theme on one device is automatically synched to all other devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "edited by admin" when admin edit someone's message

Team admin can edit users messages (when option is available) but it can be usefull to specify when it's not the user himself that edit, but an admin.

Proposal: add "(edited by admin)" instead of "(edited")

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. implement single server downtime upgrade option

I should be able to upgrade Mattermost without any downtime in Team Edition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Proxy third-party http requests through Mattermost server

It would be very useful if http/s requests from Mattermost clients (web,desktop,mobile) to third party sites (for example analytics calls via js) could be optionally proxied through the Mattermost server itself. In restrictive environments these calls to third parties are often blocked by local security software, causing errors in the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add emoji management via API

It would be nice to be able to add / remove custom emojis via API. Then it would be very simple to propose complete packs of custom emojis and apply them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Less strict syntax requirements for code blocks

It's kind of annoying that the syntax for code blocks is so strict.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Set user position when user create, in Command Line Tools

The option 'user create' in the Command Line Tools is email, firstname, lastname, locale, nickname, password, username, system_admin. There is no "position".
    I would like an option to set "position".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. include a Trace option in the logging modes.

We were having an issue that was causing Mattermost to continually crash for no apparently reason. Nothing was consistent in the log files, debug didn't give enough information, heck I even did an strace on the PID and wasn't able to get anything useful. A Trace option should include DB calls, perhaps a transaction ID to link the API call to the DB call...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Link go binary statically

Official docker library images are moving to alpine: https://www.brianchristner.io/docker-is-moving-to-alpine-linux/ There are many good reasons to follow.

Alpine is statically linked and uses musl instead of glibc. The current release builds are not completely statically linked. In theory it should be really easy; replace

go build

with

CGO_ENABLED=0 go build

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a whitelist which protocols should be linkified

See https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/7657 for details.
    TL;DR: It's not very useful to convert e.g. foo:bar to a link.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable export and import of Display Settings

Similar to theme export/import, have UI under display settings that lets you export and import font, language, themes and other options under Account Settings > Display based on a piece of text that can be copied and pasted from an input box

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Push-to-Talk

While "texting", I would like to be able to transmit an ad hoc sound bite, so that I can quickly verbalize something without having to start a call session - not store-and-forward, but immediate live voice, Star Trek comm badge style.

I'm glad I ran into you guys in Punta Cana!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base