General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open the emoji picker with typing ":", followed by pressing Tab

I'd really like to see the emoji picker that can be activated as described in the title, instead of the ":" followed by minimum of 2 characters as it is at the moment.
    I'm aware of the full picker ticket https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/PLT-2354, but as i understand it doesn't include this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. one file installation on hosted servers

The installation should be only depending on a ftp-access to a hosted server storing data in flat files. Second best would be mysql connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. API rate limiting whitelist

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a whitelist of IPs or accounts that can bypass the API rate limit. For instance, I use the API to batch-create lots of user accounts, which generates a high volume of requests. Yet, I don't want to allow such a big volume for any user account/IP address, just for sysops and localhost. Would this be possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add user_real_name to outgoing slash commands or webhooks

An outgoing /slash command from mattermost sends information including the token, userid and username in the POST.

We would also like to see userrealname in the POST, without having to do another API call.

For example:

channelid=cniah6qa73bjjjan6mzn11f4ie&
    channel
    name=town-square&
    command=/somecommand&
    responseurl=not+supported+yet&
    team
    domain=someteam&
    teamid=rdc9bgriktyx9p4kowh3dmgqyc&
    text=hello+world&
    token=xr3j5x3p4pfk7kk6ck7b4e6ghh&
    user
    id=c3a4cqe3dfy6dgopqt8ai3hydh&
    username=freddy
    user
    real_name=Fred+Smith

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. At present we can render tables, can we have the control to left/right align the tables

At present we can render tables, can we have the control to left/right align the tables.
    Use case : For me my data is some what large, which can't fit in a screen. If we have the option to right align some tables, i can manage the space.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete an user's private conversations

In some cases we need to delete all private conversations from an old user but without deleting the user (so it doesn't break continuity in public conversations).
    We use an SQL query:
    SELECT DISTINCT Name FROM Channels INNER JOIN
    (SELECT Id FROM Users WHERE Username LIKE 'Foo')
    sub ON Name LIKE concat('%', sub.Id, '%');
    Then "platform channel delete" to delete the channels.

But it would be much easier to have a CLI command that does this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support moving channel without adding all members to new team first

Currently when moving a channel with CLI you must first manually add all users to new team. The CLI should automatically add missing users to new team when moving channel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. nano editor

Some of us prefer nano over vi. It can't be that big of a deal to include nano in the container, can it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow GIF picture as personal picture avatar

Allow GIF picture as personal picture avatar

Currently only BMP, JPG and PNG are supported (message: Upload a picture in BMP, JPG or PNG format. Maximum file size: 50MB)

I'm currently using Mattermost Version: 5.24.2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Slack Api Compatibility:Shortcuts、App Home、Block Kit

Mattermost currently lacks some feature of Slack app

1. Block Kit is a UI framework for Slack apps

2. Shortcuts give users clear entry points to access your app, can trigger modals and other app interactions

3. App Home is a private, one-to-one space in Slack shared by the user and the app, within any App Home, there are multiple tabs, Some tabs like About And Messages are fixed, but Home tabs can be fully customized by apps

these feature can improve Mattermost plugins user experience

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Private message with authorized members only

Hi, (I am new to this forum but I have installed Mattermost in my organization)

Is it possible to add a new choice in the administrative console in the option “Allow users to open private message channels with” to request permission to create private messages with members who use the platform.

Currently, the configuration choices are:

All members of the team
    Any user on the Mattermost server
    and I would like to add :

Only authorized members
    To prevent all members from communicating privately without prior notice

Is it a good idea ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Channel URL should be percent-encoded in UTF-8 for non-English characters.

This is from GitHub issue : https://github.com/mattermost/platform/issues/5010

When creating a new channel, English characters in name field can be auto converted into URL name, but non-English characters (e.g. : "é") can't not be converted into URL and will be skipped.

If I input "Résumé" in the channel name, the URL will be "/rsum", and "é" is skipped.

For non-English characters, they should be percent-encoded in UTF-8, like how wikipedia does.

E.g. : URL of Résumé page in Wikipedia is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9sum%C3%A9
    ("é" is encoded into %C3%A9)

This feature is important for non-English users, If a Chinese language user wants to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. no character length of name when display is set to "real name"

Now it is set to 24(?)

For example "Mansoor Nahasapeemapetilon" would be displayed as "Mansoor Nahasapeemapetil..."

There is enough space to display the whole name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Image proxy support for normal proxy servers

Mattermost image proxy supports atmos/camo Image Proxy and local image proxy. Support should be added for normal proxies that one would set via HTTPSPROXY environment variable. I need images to go through a proxy but I don't want to see HTTPSPROXY for entire application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. chat level

it is possible t create our own chat hierarchy? for example i want to create some chat on this way

1.- Client
    2.- Team
    3.- Project: inside here the prject cht rooms woth groups of members managed in a custom app or mattermost

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete user avatar from CLI

We need a way to delete an user avatar with the CLI tool.
    Currently we delete the in data/users/ manually but it would be easier if we could do it by using the email instead of the ID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Configure AWS sns as push service

Hello Team ,

Let me know how can I use a aws SNS as push service in mattermost ? right now am using the mattermpst push proxy (https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-push-proxy)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a config show cli command

For troubleshooting purposes it would be handy to have a platform config show command that lists the effective configuration values. Thus, overriding environment variables must be considered. At least from the wording of platform config validate ('The document is valid'), it seems that environment variables aren't considered.

There could be filters to mangle the output, but grep is fine, imo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "edited by admin" when admin edit someone's message

Team admin can edit users messages (when option is available) but it can be usefull to specify when it's not the user himself that edit, but an admin.

Proposal: add "(edited by admin)" instead of "(edited")

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. implement single server downtime upgrade option

I should be able to upgrade Mattermost without any downtime in Team Edition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base