General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share messages between private conversations

Hello,
    it could be very usefull to have the possibility to share ones private message to another private user or to a channel; instead of copy and paste it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AD/LDAP authentication mode

should be also available for the team-edition

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Possibility to load more messages after the search result

• Seacrh a message

• Jump to the result

• You have possibility to load more messages before the result but not after it

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow administrators to set default notification settings

The default notification setting causes a lot of spam. It's hard for new users to find this and adjust it to mention-only, so they end up simply leaving teams. It would be helpful if administrators could choose which default new accounts start with. In my deployment, we would prefer new accounts start with notifications set to mention-only, of course allowing the users to change it.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Upload limit files more than > 5

Can you make new field in config file to change upload limit file? Now in message is 5 files max. I want to change to eg. 30?
    "Uploads limited to 5 files maximum. Please use additional posts for more files"

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. search through all teams

Right now the scope of the search feature is limited to the current team. It would be great to have option allowing to specify the scope: channel, team, global (for example)

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support different options for sorting the channels in the sidebar

Now the contacts (Direct messages) are always sorted alphabetically. It would be great to have different options of sorting. What we like the most is sorting by last message recieved/sent, which means on top we always have our most recent conversation (like in Skype)
    Any chance to have it in future?

847 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Google Single Sign-On to Team Edition

Currently only SSO available for Team Edition is GitLab, and google single sign on is only available on E20

Please move this feature to Team edition as well.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Policy for new account to change the initial password

Hello world,

we host mattermost by our own. So it is not allowed to register by your self. Our admin create the user with a initial password.

So it will be good, that the user have to change the initial password.

What do you think about it?

Best reguards

Steve

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to give nicknames to other users. Similar to how Skype, Steam, etc allows you to rename a contact.

Allow users to provide local nicknames for other users as a username is sometimes ambiguous as to who the user actually is.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make threads multilevel with nested replies

After using Mattermost in a large organization setting it is quite clear that threads need to have multiple levels. Meaning I should be able to reply to someone else's reply and have it show up indented under his. This would be extremely useful once threads are made collapsible. Think of Reddit comment threads.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sub-comment

Hi,

please implement this code to all CSS templates:

.post.same--root.post--comment, .post.same--root.same--user.post--comment {

padding-left: 4em;

}

so chat look like this:

http://www.image-share.com/ipng-3649-129.html

We are using it some time, and chat is more clear to read.

Many thanks.

Miroslav

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. List accepted (and not yet ones) invitations

Keep track to whom accepted invitation and those who didn't yet.
    When you send invitations to many people, you can't know for sure who actually accepted so you may want to resend invitations to your list of contacts (and again… And again…).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. While Channel deletion there should be an option to download the whole chat

While Channel deletion there should be an option to download the whole chat which was present in the channel

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Map Lync/Skype for Business user presence to Mattermost

Hi,

We use Lync/Skype for Business as the primary communications tool at my company, but for small project/team communications we use a self-hosted Mattermost server, because it's obviously 9000 times better than SFB.

However, Mattermost (especially the desktop client) does not integrate very well with Windows regarding the user's presence.

Short Scenario:
    If I lock my computer, SFB immediately sets my presence to Away, meanwhile Mattermost doesn't.

On the other way around, if I minimize the Mattermost Desktop client to the tray, and I have an other application running on full-screen, after a short period, Mattermost goes to mark…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Warning message for all posts in Town Square

There are a lot of discussions about what to do with Town Square if there are lots of users. (we have 450+ users there)
    It is always new users that land in Town Square and post some random test question or say hi or something. Not aware that they are addressing 450+ people. (despite the header clearly stating that and numerous posts in Town Square about the issue).

A simple solution that could be implemented very easily (I guess) would be to get a popup similar to @channel for all posts in Town Square that raises awareness.

This proposal relates…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use different color for nicknames

Using various colors for nicknames improves readibility a lot!

https://i.imgur.com/GxyJgyz.png

vs

https://i.imgur.com/Kbz4b8t.png

Slack does it already.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Status labels

The idea:

One can set their status to some arbitrary text, which will be shown next to your username.

Details:

The command

/status My new status

can be used to change your status, it will then appear next to your screen name in replies:

https://i.imgur.com/Sggqc59.png

If the text is too long, it is truncated and you need to hover to see the full status:

https://i.imgur.com/0GoP3HZ.png

Why:

It is incredibly useful to be able to see what your team mates are working on. Currently, our team are using a channel for this, but it's pretty inconvinient and quickly gets very messy.…

356 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to modify attached files when editing a message

Currently, Mattermost provides the ability to edit a message after you have posted it.

However, there is no way to modify the file attachments via this editing process.

Recent use case: I uploaded the wrong file when posting a message. Ideally I would have been able to edit the post to correct the mistake, i.e. to remove the incorrect file and attach the one I meant to attach. However, I could find no way of doing this.

Luckily, in my case it was simply an old version of the document, and therefore not too big a problem. However, I am…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notifications for replies in threads, and ability to follow/unfollow threads (like slack)

I wish there was a notification setting like in slack to enable the setting "Notify me about replies to threads I'm following"... and then the ability to opt-out of following threads (but following them is automatic for any threads that you start or comment on)

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base