General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ifttt

It would be great to have a first class Mattermost (tm) integration with IFTTT so external integrations can trigger Mattermost API events.

Here's some examples of the things you can do with IFTTT integration: https://ifttt.com/slack

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Emoji in Channel Name

Allow emojis to be used in a channel name.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Add a comment" Cursor Focus after Clicking Reply

After clicking reply to a message, you cannot begin typing until you click a second time on the "Add a comment..." box because focus is directed to the search bar. It seems like priority should be given to replying when a user clicks on reply. We are using version 4.2.0.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a keyboard shortcut to jump the the currently open RHS content/message thread.

Often, I will have a long running thread/message-reply chain open, and then a certain channel open for other conversations. It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to jump to the input for the sidebar, just like there is the equivalent "Focus Input" shortcut (Shift + GUI + L) that jumps to the input for the current channel.

With that, I could easily jump between both places to add new messages without having to switch to my mouse/trackpad.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. restrict attachments by channel or by team

There should be an option to restrict file upload by channel or even by team globally.

Currently if I disable file upload, it will be disable for all the teams and all the channels...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Hot Unread": Highlight channels with recent activity

"Unread" on its own isn't always useful.

I watch close to 100 channels. Many of the channels are in a permanent unread state because they're not critical. What I'd really like to know is which channels have recent activity (say within the last hour) so I can jump into an active conversation.

This doesn't replace "Unread", but would be an elevated state, like "Hot Unread". After a period of time, it then falls back to "Unread"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. unlimited search results

for the default search backend (sql), search results are capped at 100!

you can verify this by loading jquery and doing:

$('.search-item__container').length;

you can see that paging isn't supported:

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/app/post.go#L821

and the sql uses LIMIT 100:

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/blob/master/store/sqlstore/post_store.go#L834

i know this isn't an issue in enterprise because you're using elasticsearch, but please either bring elasticsearch to team edition or fix the default search backend. 100 results is sad :(

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voice Messages Record and Play

The same way we can send messages, we should be able to send voice messages.

It should be as simple as click "add voice", record what you want, press send and it's made available on the server for others to listen.

It should be supported by browser and mobile client apps.

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to upload videos with size over 50mb

In the iOS application, you need to be able to choose the degree of video compression at startup. This is necessary so that you can compress videos and upload them. Now, when you try to upload a video clip, the video is primarily compressed, but since the compression algorithms are not good enough, the video still weighs too much and cannot be uploaded. Please fix it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for emoji reactions in Slack import

Both Slack and Mattermost support emoji reactions to posts and Slack also includes information about those reactions in its export files. So I think it shouldn't be too hard to make it possible to preserve those reactions when performing import from Slack.

Though not always important, there can be many cases when it can be very desirable to keep those reactions and transfer them to Mattermost during migration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keyboard shortcut to change team

To have a single mattermost client connected to several teams is a great feature.

What i find missing is a keyboard shortcut to change team. The other shortcuts are very good and I usually can navigate through many channels and conversations with keyboard only, but when I see that have received in other team, I have to use the mouse.

Perhaps you could add tabs or something similar to the "quick channel switcher" (Ctrl-K) or have a new shortcut to switch teams (e.g. Ctrl-T).

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. member list

Member list on side of chat window w/ status indicator

Show a member list on the side of the chat window listing all the users that are in the current room, sorted by status and then name (so that logged out users are at the bottom).

This seems critical to communication .. who's in the room, who's online, who am I talking to, am I in the right room before typing @everyone, etc. At a glance. The little member button with drop down is insufficient especially in rooms with hundreds of people.

This is a repost, but the original is…

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make guest accounts expire after a set period of time

Currently guest accounts are permanent until removed by the admins.

It would be more convenient and secure if guest accounts have an automatic expiry date after a certain period of time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. #1 Direct selling software

Hi everyone,

I am here to introduce our product that is Hybrid MLM software the finest and flexible MLM software. Are you intrusted in MLM business? Do you need MLM software? Then what are you waiting for, get on to Hybrid MLM Software, book now for your dream MLM software? For more details visit <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://www.hybridmlm.io">https://www.hybridmlm.io</a>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto-archive channels

Hello All,

Would be great to have any option to configure on MM to auto-archive channels (private or public) if no activity for a time period.
    This will be really useful, due, we create channels everyday for temporal purposes (incidents, discussions, etc) and no always the participants archive the channels when are not needed.
    So, an automatic way to do that would be great to perform the archival for the channels which the last activity was older than 30 days for example...

;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Using Mattermost as my only chat client.

I like Mattermost client, it's way better than anything else out there.
    I want to manage my Facebook messages inside Mattermost client, and I want to connect to an IRC which has nothing to do with my corporation.

So I want to mess my private life with work, but I would be very happy about this.

There were trials, for example, libpurple with Pidgin chat client. But Pidgin is like using windows live messenger in 2020.

I know Facebook Messenger has no public protocol for that, so I'm not requesting to implement that, but provide, for example, IRC, libpurple protocols…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. System Administrator: Ability to Import Users via CSV / Excel File

While system administrator are limited to only have the following methods to create / import users:
    * Local users: mattermost user create CLI, direct invite, team invite link
    * External users: LDAP / AD / SAML

It will be good to have the ability to use CSV or Excel file to bulk import the users with specific formatting especially if the organization has a lot of customers and is not utilizing AD / LDAP / SSO.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Less strict syntax requirements for code blocks

It's kind of annoying that the syntax for code blocks is so strict.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. whastapp

integrate with a business whatsAPP

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable a setting to allow sound alerts on a channel basis

I love that I can get notified when there is a post with a sound. But we have a community channel that a huge number of people belong to where things are discussed that I'm not interested in. I was added to the channel by my boss, and think it would be rude to disconnect. But if I could just turn off the notifications for that channel then I wouldn't be so distracted looking at many many notifications that have nothing to do with me and my work. Thanks for letting us make suggestions to make Matermost even better! Our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base