General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow plugins to add to the settings menu

Allow plugins to add to the settings menu, much like they can add to the System Console settings.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow resizing and hiding of sidebar

It would be nice to be able to click/drag the sidebar (where channels are) and resize it/ hide it if desired.

Resizing it and having a channel name abbreviated with ... could make sense;

ex: Town Square once it starts getting cut off would become Tow... (depending on how small you make the sidebar). Then if you go over far enough it snaps into a hidden position

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search direct messages: Member name suggestions

Currently you have to know and type the exact name when searching in a direct message history of a single person via "in:@name". Whatever you type is even falsely "corrected" to some other channel when there is a match and you hit enter!

That is why I suggest to include member names in the suggestions when typing a name with "in:@...".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When using the channel reference (~ sign), it should only return channels that I am a member of

Currently when using the channel reference (~ sign), it returns all public channels that matches the search, regardless of whether the user is a member of it or not.

It would be more efficient to only show channels that the user is currently a part of

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When using the channel reference (~ sign), sort the results with exact matches of name first

Currently when using the channel reference (~ sign), it sorts the results alphabetically, and it matches these search results based on the display name, the channel URL and the channel purpose.

It would be better however if it were to sort the direct matches with display name higher/at the top of the list so it would be easier for users to find and navigate to those channels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do not send notification emails if chat message got delete

Notifications of new chat messages should not be emailed if the chat message has already been deleted.

See:
    https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/13064

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There should a 'Buzz' for alert

There should be a 'Buzz' to alert the other user. Like, Spark, Yahoo.

Sometimes we have messaged to another user. But user is busy on another task. He/She missed the messages which is very important.

In this case, the user should have a 'Buzz' button or shortcut for alert to someone. I hope everyone knows about the importance of 'Buzz'. :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File upload - Opens a modal where user can enter message to be displayed along with image.

File upload should trigger a modal to be shown in which user can add more files and also enter corresponding text against the image upload.
    I would like to help in implementing this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mobile app should support custom dimension on images

In the current setup the mobile app is ignoring the custom markdown dimension parameters for images.

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/12970

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrating OneDrive for media storage

Instead of Amazon S3, being able to use MS OneDrive for media storage.

This would be great for companies who have this large amount of storage essentially 'free' with their Office 365 accounts rather than spending for S3 storage.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have ability to close a channel without leaving it

Currently it is not possible to 'close' a channel without leaving it, or remove it from the sidebar. This can be problematic when you are a part of many channels, especially private ones where you will need to be re-invited to it after leaving it. For example, I would still like to be part of a particular private channel in the event that something comes up, but I would like to have the option to close it/remove it from the sidebar to avoid clutter.

Right now there is no method to close a channel from the sidebar and still be…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. edit timestamp

When a message is edited, there is currently no possibility to see, when it has been edited. Maybe add the datetime of edit to (edited) text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keyboard shortcut to change team

To have a single mattermost client connected to several teams is a great feature.

What i find missing is a keyboard shortcut to change team. The other shortcuts are very good and I usually can navigate through many channels and conversations with keyboard only, but when I see that have received in other team, I have to use the mouse.

Perhaps you could add tabs or something similar to the "quick channel switcher" (Ctrl-K) or have a new shortcut to switch teams (e.g. Ctrl-T).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow for tighter spacing in the sidebar

Currently tons of space is being wasted in the sidebar. Allow for tighter spacing of channel/user names so more of the list can be displayed at once.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Collapse Markup

Add the ability to Collapse a post containing markup. Just like you can already do with a image.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notification Exclude Words

Add the ability to exclude notification words.
    Like this:
    Words that trigger mentions: foo
    Words that do not trigger mentions: foo-bar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow certificate errors to be permanently ignored

Having bad admins that make errors during the creation of certificates is silly. However, not being able to override their silly mistakes while they fail to address the issue over the course of months is aggravating. Although the issue will be eventually addressed, every time I open up mattermost, I get an invalid certificate error which I have to manually dismiss. I would really like to dismiss this permanently so that I don't have to deal with the extra 3 clicks every time I open up the application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How to change the Notification Sound in Mobile and Desktop?

Hello,

I am using Mattermost Android app to receive notification and messages. But it is very confusing to distinguish between other notification and Mattermost notification.

It takes the default notification tone of mobile and desktop.

Please provide the option to change the notification sound or if there is any method to do that then please let me know.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Plugin hooks for access control and logout events

Add server plugin hooks for access control (permission change) and logout events to enable developers to create custom server plugins to integrate with internal auditing/intrusion detection tools.

https://developers.mattermost.com/extend/plugins/server/reference/#Hooks

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base