General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable the click on a file link

Clicking on a file:// link does not work for local folders. On Desktop, it doesn't do anything. On Firefox, it opens a blank page.

Apparently, this is intentional as explained by @yuya-oc because:
    - Accepting local resources would allow to execute programs via malicious link
    - There is no situation where an user would want to share their local files without attached files.

In my usecase, we use Nextcloud to sync files within our group. And we have the same letter and path for local files. This is why we often share the file path instead of the file itself,…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configure left menu to sort channels according to read/unread messages

I would like to have my channel sorted, and having these with unread messages on top.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Gitea OAuth2 Support

Support Gitea's OAuth2 provider as an authentication source.

Currently, the team edition only supports GitLab as an OAuth2 source. GitLab is pretty heavyweight and many people prefer other software for a variety of reasons.

Gitea (https://gitea.io/en-us/) is a really nice open source, community supported Git server. They recently added support for acting as an OAuth2 provider (see https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/oauth2-provider/ for documentation). It would be great if Mattermost would support Gitea as an OAuth2 provider.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Generic OAuth Provider

Ability to use a generic 3rd party OAuth server for programmatic logins to mattermost server (team edition)

Please see for detailed description:
    https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/14293

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the team name to any notification emails

Please add the team name to any notification emails sent by MM. While we have few teams with common channel names, it is really confusing from email body which team it is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Start Windows application in foreground

Allow Windows app to be started in foreground, instead of being started in tray.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add second password box for confirmation when resetting via "Forgot Password"

After clicking "Forgot my password" and using the email link to reset, there is only a single box to enter a new password. A second confirmation box would be helpful to ensure no typos happen when entering the new password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clearer notification for plugin upload failure (size limit)

I was receiving a generic "Received invalid response from the server" messages when trying to upload the BigBlueButton plugin. I eventually discovered that it was because the Maximum File Size was configured to 5MB.

A clear message stating either what the "invalid response" was or flagging the issue as "too large of a file" size would be less generic and easier to troubleshoot.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hyperlink support + Keyboard shortcut

Requesting the capability to have hyperlinks via a keyboard shortcut (like Cmd+K).

Github link:
    https://github.com/mattermost/docs/issues/3681

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. integrate with https://www.heytaco.chat/

It's a cool recognition tool

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mattermost - Read Only channel

For the moment, when this option "ExperimentalTownSquareIsReadOnly" is set to true, all the Town Square channels of all the teams become read-only.

It will great to set up this option not globally, but at the team level and not only on the "Town Square" channel but on any public channel.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make team switch shortcut configurable

Please, make the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+number for switching teams configurable.

Since the update, which brought this feature earlier this year, I'm unable to use the Mattermost Windows app, because I'm using czech programmers keyboard, which uses CTRL+ALT+numbers to type czech characters.
    Typing is automatic process and it's not really possible to avoid typing czech characters this way. It's not a solution to re-learn typing because of Mattermost or switching keyboards before typing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Confirm before sending (at)here like it is already implemented for (at)all and (at)channel

This has already been requested here:

https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/18607111-confirm-with-ping-warning-before-sending-all-eve

But for some reason, the confirmation has been implemented only for (at)all and (at)channel, which still allows people to use (at)here mindlessly (without realizing they're about to ping sixty or more people, for example).

So, I kindly request (at)here to be added to this list.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Username text color configurable

In the Center Channel area, be able to configure a "Username Text Color" separate from "Center Channel Text" . This could improve readability when using compact mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expand image previews in Compact Message Display mode

I would like to be able to see a preview of the attached image even if I am in Compact Message Display Mode.
    Currently, even if the Account Settings > Display > Default appearance of image previews is set to Expanded, the image is only displayed as an attachment icon when Account Settings > Display > Message Display is set to Compact. These two settings should work independently of each other.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Quick Markdown insert

Multiple ways to implement this :

• Select a word, then right-click and chose a formatting option (bold, italic, code, etc)

• Select a word and like in Office apps chose formatting options in a toolbar

• Add keyboard shortcuts to add a specific markdown

• Add most used markdowns under the input and make them clickable to insert them

• Add an icon to add markdown (like the Emoji icon)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is this bison Brand best for t-shirt?

I was buying brands such as Mango, Gas, Guess & Jack Jones later I realized that their stuff could eat up large cash in today’s scenario as clothing prices have increased day by day,later I realized that it would be good to have brands for daily ruff use then I saw price tags of ₹1199 in buffalo and bought few types of clothe and shirts quality and colors were clear that its a cheap brand but the fit was first class after single was it looked different that’s the difference between costly brands and cheap brands so it depends upon…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Multi-Select Dropdown to Interactive Dialog Feature

Allow the user to select multiple options from a dropdown in the interactive dialog modal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 🌓 Automatic dark/light mode switch using standard CSS

It's now possible to follow the OS dark mode preference in CSS. 🌝🌚

Stackoverflow is using it and it's brilliant [1].
    It seems that now it is reasonably simple and supported [2] using CSS.
    This would require a new option where one defines the dark and light themes one wants and then MM uses the CSS tech above to switch them under the hood.

[1] https://stackoverflow.blog/2020/03/31/building-dark-mode-on-stack-overflow/
    [2] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50840168/how-to-detect-if-the-os-is-in-dark-mode-in-browsers

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use dollar signs for MathJax input instead of parsing code blocks

With MathJax parsing enabled (via the Enable Latex Rendering option), code blocks with the language latex (or tex, though that is undocumented) are parsed to render a math expression. This conflicts with highlighting code blocks of TeX code (related bug report), mixes up syntax for two totally different things (highlighting source code and rendering math) and is rather unintuitive for TeX users.

A much better convention would be to delimit MathJax input with dollar signs, as done e.g. by StackExchange: Single dollar signs ("$a + b = c$") for inline math (which would be a new feature)…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base