General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Office365 authentication support for native mobile apps

This feature is a show-stopper level requirement for using Mattermost on Mobile with companies in the Microsoft/Azure ecosystem.

Reason being that most large scale companies have centralized identity management and have policies that prevent any application into their ecosystem if they cannot centrally control access to it. As an example, corporate IT usually want to make 100% sure that when they disable a user account from their AD, the change is carried over to all business applications and there's no risk of the user retaining access to company information once they have left. Using a central identity provider also makes…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. New plugin hook to preproceses/format posts

I tried to implement a plugin which supports spoilers and moderated posts.

To achieve his would require me to process or format the post when it is being rendered.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the proosal! In fact, web app plugins can render different post components based on the post’s type. Any time the web app encounters a post with this post type, it replaces the default rendering of the post component with your own custom implementation.

This allows you to create a custom format for posts.

https://developers.mattermost.com/extend/plugins/webapp/#custom-post-type-components

Let us know if there is further functionality you’re looking for from the feature?

3. Support searching "in:" direct messages

It would be nice if "in:" could support direct messages. This was discussed in

https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/7762

which depended on https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-webapp/pull/189 which was already merged, so maybe this isn't too hard to add now?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eliminate 4000 character per message (message length)

Currently I can't create messages with more than 4000 characters. This limit should be removed.

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for nominating the feature! It is now available in Mattermost 5.0!

New installs of Mattermost v5.0 and later allow up to 16383 characters per post. Instances of Mattermost installed earlier than v5.0 will need to update to v5.0 or later and then run a manual database migration in order to utilize the higher character limit. This migration can be slow for large Posts tables, so it’s best to schedule this during off-peak hours. See important upgrade notes (https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/important-upgrade-notes.html) for more details.

To migrate a MySQL database, connect to your database and run the following:

ALTER TABLE Posts MODIFY COLUMN Message TEXT;

To migrate a PostgreSQL database, connect to your database and run the following:

ALTER TABLE Posts ALTER COLUMN Message TYPE VARCHAR;

Restart your Mattermost instances.

5. Confirm with ping warning before sending @all @everyone @here @channel mentions

Notifications are challenging, and a common source of friction seems to be "hey, you triggered a notification I didn't want by saying @all".

Slack handles this nicely: they intercept the message before send, and advise the user of the outcome.

> By using @all, you are about to notify 123 people in 12 timezones. Are you sure? [edit message] [send now]

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Member list on side of chat window w/ status indicator

Show a member list on the side of the chat window listing all the users that are in the current room, sorted by status and then name (so that logged out users are at the bottom).

This seems critical to communication .. who's in the room, who's online, who am I talking to, am I in the right room before typing @everyone, etc. At a glance. The little member button with drop down is insufficient especially in rooms with hundreds of people.

Screenshot from Slack: http://take.ms/YhtK8

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

We’ve now added a status icon in the channel member list (clicking the member icon in the channel header) and sorted it by user status.

This improvement is supported in Mattermost v4.7.0 and later.

7. Receive simple share from other apps

Enable the functionality to allow users to easily share images directly from other applications (such as the gallery) to a channel Mattermos. I am a developer of mobile applications and have some experience with Android, I would like to implement this functionality

https://developer.android.com/intl/es/training/sharing/receive.html

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. EE: Data retention and prune/reset/clear channel content options

For compliance, add the ability to delete specific messaging entries from the user interface, including:

- Clear a specific channel of all its content
    - Delete all posts from a specific user
    - Delete all posts from a specific user in a specific channel
    - Delete all posts from/before/after a specific date
    - Configure a data retention time

219 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make notification emails multipart (plain-text friendly)

The notification emails are HTML only, which is a pain when you read your mails in plain-text mode (or if you use, say, mutt).

The mails should be multipart : a plain-text version and a HTML one.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support giphy integration as Slack does

Giphy lets you search from the world's largest library of animated GIFs, making it easy to find and share them on the web.

This integration will enable the /giphy slash command for your team. Search for a GIF using /giphy coffee time and the integration will display a relevant GIF in your channel.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a way to integrate with Hubot

We're starting to have a lot of Hubot scripts that we use with Hipchat, it would be cool to continue to be able to use them with Mattermost.

Feature request create as suggested in:
    http://forum.mattermost.org/t/hubot-integration/25
    and
    https://github.com/mattermost/platform/issues/89

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Google Apps sign-in

Ability to use Google Apps SSO with ability to restrict account creation to a list of domains, similar to email-based sign-on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Manually set user status

Ability for users to manually set their Status. e.g. Online, Away, Busy / Do not disturb, Invisible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Out-of-office responder

Add ability to set an "Out of Office" message so when users mention someone who is away, they'll be notified that they're unavailable.

Note: This ticket does not include changing to status message, which will be included in a separate design.

1. Add an option to Account Settings > Notifications called "Away Message"

Title: Out-of-office Message
    Help Text: Set an automated out-of-office message to notify people mentioning you that you area not immediately available. Sent at most once every 4 days to same person who mentioned you.

UI:
    Send the following "Out-of-office Message":
    [ E.g. "I'm traveling until March 2,…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Away status

Mark user as away if there is no activity for more than 15 minutes.
    An /away command would be nice as well.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Away status is now available on master, set to 5 minutes. If anyone is interested in implementing the /away slash command or making the away duration configurable please reply here and we can open a ticket?

18. Add Git hooks

So a bot can automatically display commits to Gitlab/Github/etc..

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Interactive Message Dropdowns

I really like the interaction message buttons!
    https://docs.mattermost.com/developer/interactive-message-buttons.html

I am trying to clone the /remind functionality in Slack into Mattermost, and the button interactions are working well, but the 'Snooze' dropdown button does not have an equivalent in Mattermost. (For now I am going to have one button for Snooze of 20 minutes... not as flexible as I'd like)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base