I suggest you ...

make threads collapsible

A toggle option so that threads appear as "N comments" and open in the side-panel, so they do not interrupt the main flow of the channel, and you can follow each thread mode easily.

1,236 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anna G shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • adrien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

has anyone found a way to simply disable cross-posting to the chanel while waiting for Mattermost to develop the full feature? I'm thinking a quick CSS hack / a line to comment somewhere :)

• Rawee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto - any updates? We've been using MM for a few years now and it's shocking this basic feature has still not rolled out. We use this tool at our outsourcing locations so you can imagine it's incredibly difficult to follow conversations at scale. Hoping for an update soon!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with the below. MM is useless without this feature. It's just like being on a long annoying reply-all email chain.

• Carolina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is super important - agree with all of the previous commenters. Are there any updates on this issue?

• Ingo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the function that stops to show all answers complete in a thread, MM is complete useless.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organization has changed from Slack to Mattermost but to be honest showing every comment in the channel makes it somewhat unusable for me.

This issue should be priority number one in my opinion.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please try to push this through! It's quite noisy to have to conversations go back and forth for pages, losing important content in the process. Our team could really benefit from this feature!

• Are commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please click the vote-button, not just post a comment with +1

• Jykke Da'Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking about this a bit more further. I would like to have a 'conversational view' at the middle panel (postList), where you will see:
    - New messages as topics. This is the threads collapsed/hidden.
    - Always show the reply button with the count, even when zero.
    - Click the post content (post header or post message), would do the same as reply button today (open the tread view, rhs).
    - The most resent topic at the top (sort order by activity).
    - Scroll down for older topics

This could even be a separate view if the current view is 'Messages/Chats' the thread/topic view could be 'Conversations' or something.

• Mvs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be as simple as adding the CSS rule .post--comment { display:none }, which you can already do in browser

• TRH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very desirable feature. We have complex threaded conversations.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base