General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow configuring favorites-only push notifications

Allow limiting notifications to those from favorite channels/people - preferably individually in certain modes (away, offline).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable spell checking

Currently, spell checking is always enabled and cannot be disabled.

To some users, the red underlining is visually distracting. Also, the spell checker is currently unable to detect on-the-fly, in-sentence language switching, which is sometimes used in mixed-language teams or when discussing mixed-language subjects (like programming).

Therefore, I'd like to suggest adding an option to permanently disable spell checking - either in the configuration, or, in the input bar's context menu, where the spell check language is usually selected.

In the input bar it could look like this:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1374413/67931185-aa8ae500-fbc1-11e9-920e-8dab512119a0.png

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mobile app : detect team URLs correctly

When entering the URL in the mobile app, if you include the team name in the URL, it will return an error.

For example, http://test.mattermost.com/mytest will return an error, as it only recognizes the server URL and will only accept http://test.mattermost.com.

The app should either directly redirect the user to the relevant team after logging in, or recognize the server URL regardless of the team URL and log the user into the default team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow certificate errors to be permanently ignored

Having bad admins that make errors during the creation of certificates is silly. However, not being able to override their silly mistakes while they fail to address the issue over the course of months is aggravating. Although the issue will be eventually addressed, every time I open up mattermost, I get an invalid certificate error which I have to manually dismiss. I would really like to dismiss this permanently so that I don't have to deal with the extra 3 clicks every time I open up the application.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add turnkey support for Auth0 as an identity provider

As described at https://forum.mattermost.org/t/auth0-single-sign-on/6728

As a mattermost administrator, I want to be able to configure authentication with Auth0 as an identity provider. Auth0 supports a variety of standards, so it might be best to implement it as OpenID Connect.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow bot accounts to create webhooks

It'd be great if in the integrations you could assign a bot account ownership of a webhook.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom keyboard shortcut per slash command

I found Mattermost to be a great replacement in many cases for traditional UI. It's good way for creating rapid solutions, where we need interface to interact with backend functionality. Also it could be used as the middle way for the UI or great solution for partners/third parties/temporary solutions.
    My examples:
    /bankstmts [find] <InvNum/Customer/Amount>
    - result is printed in table
    - backend gets transaction list from various banks, parse it and store it
    - employee can check if customer paid for her invoice/sales order
    /report sales <today/date/dateRange>
    - returns redash report
    /erp
    salesdoc [find] <docNum/customer>
    - returns table with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Mumble/Murmur voice integration.

Add Mumble/Murmur voice integration.

Murmur is the server component of Mumble, and is lightweight, with highly configurable options and good encryption and voice quality. I think it could really be a powerful voice integration to consider, as it has an easier to use interface than say, Jitsi. Voice inside mattermost would make it a Discord killer imho.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Quote Reply In Threads

In a thread, because we cant create subthreads, the comment menu should have a new item called "quote reply".

"Quote Reply" should allow the user to add a new comment with reference from the comment he is replying.

A : I like cars.
    A : Wanna go for pizza? <-- "Quote Reply"
    B : I like Ferrari.
    B : "Wanna go for pizza?"

Yes. Pizza is a great idea.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Save all attachments" - Multiple file download

we have to click on each attachment to download it. make Save all attachments available please. Drag and drop would be nice too.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable automatic account deprovisioning for SAML

As per the documentation : https://docs.mattermost.com/deployment/sso-saml.html#saml-single-sign-on-e20 SAML currently does not support automatic deprovisioning, and is only possible if AD/LDAP sync is enabled.

For environments where AD/LDAP is not possible, it would be great if SAML could also automatically deprovision users from Mattermost as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have ability to add granular permissions to bot

Currently when it comes to bot accounts they can only be set up as either a member or as a system admin.

It would be very useful if users can add more granular permissions to the bot accounts, so they can customize it to suit the requirements without making bot account a system admin.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Possibility to see when user was last time online

For example, it will be great to see such information in private messages to the user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add YouTrack Integration

Add integration for YouTrack by JetBrains

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. display pinned messages on top

Unless you happen to be Chinese the pinned messages on the right are likely the last thing you will read.

The effective way to pin messages is to stack pinned messages on top.

The metaphor is that the message is pinned to the top of viewport and does not scroll away as other messages do.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make emoji replacement a separate option from the rest of post formatting

I consider it unacceptable that I can't choose to disable having my words replaced with emoji, without also having to give up on EVERY SINGLE post formatting feature. I want to be able to use post formatting, just NOT have any emoji appear without me explicitly choosing to insert them.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use Keycloak as an IDP

Keycloak is one of the most popular IDP providers used.

It would be great it Keycloak could be supported as simple as other authentication providers based on the same technology.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow SVG as custom emoji

Allow the user to upload SVGs as custom emoji

currently only PNG, JPG and GIF are allowed. But when I tried to upload an SVG the Preview rendered, but the saving was not possible because of file extension limitations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't create duplicate installation on Windows when upgrading (MSI)

After upgrading the Windows desktop client from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2, both installed with the MSI, an entry for both versions exist in add/remove programs.

Two keys are created in the registry.

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{A44E2D12-7D92-4ABC-8366-35E1CD827C01}

and

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{C0437176-EF43-4633-A55C-1164B09E8646}

Updating the application, which would normally be a simple process of running the MSI for the latest version with the /qn switch through any systems management system has turned into a scripting exercise. Either the GUID should stay the same or the old version should be automatically removed.

Additionally, removing 4.3.1 after installing 4.3.2 breaks the installation, as the files are installed…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost App - Windows, Mac and Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatically restart Mattermost after upgrade if it was already running (MSI)

When updating existing installations of Mattermost with the MSI, the desktop app should automatically restart if it was running when the installation started. At the very least, the installer option that starts Mattermost after installation should be exposed as a public property, so it can be set as a switch when installing with msiexec.

Currently, the MSI kills the process but it doesn't restart when running with the /qn switch.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base