General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate Teams from each other

Different Teams can see all other Mattermost members via “Add new members to team” link. Even worse they can even add other teams members as regular user.

Expected behavior

Teams are meant to seperate Accounts.
    A regular User should not have the privilege to see all other server members nor to invite them.
    Observed behavior

ALL Users are visible as non privileged user.
    ALL User can be invited as non privileged user.

As mentioned in:
    https://forum.mattermost.org/t/regular-team-users-can-see-all-other-servermembers-and-can-invite-them-to-their-team/6838/7

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable taskbar badge for specified channel(s), but keep channel name in bold for unread general messages

In the notification preferences for a channel (probably under Mark Channel Unread), I'd like to have the ability to disable the application icon badge in the taskbar unless someone mentions me or the whole channel, while still keeping the channel name in bold for any general messages.

That way, when I open the app, I can see which channels have general messages for me to catch up on (b/c the channel name will be in bold), but I don't get drawn to the app by taskbar icon badges for channels that I don't want to be notified about while I'm…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Desktop: Auto-hide menubar on Linux

Most Electron apps on Linux have an option to autohide the menubar, typically in the View or Window menus. Mattermost would fit in better if it did, too.

Original request: https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/issues/715

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have the ability to hide the 'Import from Slack' option

System or team admins should have the ability to hide the 'Import from Slack' option to avoid it from being accidentally (or intentionally) triggered, especially if there are no plans to import any data from Slack

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Directory of public channels/channels I can have access to

A user should be able to easily see & search the list of all channels they have joined and can join. I'm seeing a number of duplicate channels created across teams because the user did not know it existed in another location.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Emoji in Channel Name

Allow emojis to be used in a channel name.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add context menu for messages on desktop client

The same menu that shows when clicking the "..." icon to the right, including reactions and reply, should appear when right-clicking on any given message.

It is a major usability inconvenient when using a large screen, to have to move the mouse all the way to the right edge of the screen in order to click that.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gsuite SAML authentication

Please add Gsuite as an officially supported SAML authentication source.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to disable 2FA on per-account basis

For automation purposes, it can be desirable to disable the two-factor authentication enforcement for an individual account. In particular, bots such as Matterbridge cannot handle the 2FA requirement/enforcement.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow additional patch params for api/v4/posts/.../patch

Patching posts via API currently only support "is_pinned", "message", "file_ids", "has_reactions" and "props".

It would be great to modify /models/posts.go Patch() func to allow patching "channel_id", "root_id" and "parent_id", so re-threading and re-channeling of messages can be possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Password change on mobile application (Android)

Hello,

It would be great to be able to change our password via the mobile application instead of having to use a web browser or desktop app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have the option for a test license for existing enterprise license holders

It would be incredibly helpful for enterprise license holders to be able to generate a sort of test license, so that they can set up a test instance with all the features of Enterprise instances (such as LDAP, SAML, etc) so they can test out their settings first before implementing them into their production instance.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a command /play to play sound, movies quotes, etc.

We use Mattermost in a small team and when it comes the time to chill out, we sometimes abuse of the #random channel
    We loved the emoticon customization and we would love to see the possibility to send a sound to react to a message with the right movie quote for example.

That could be a plugin with a command like /play, I just doubt that the plugin would have the right to play a sound in browser.

The sound (and the command) could be created by users just like emoticons. The user should have to upload a sound file…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CMD/CTRL+number should switch teams

Hitting CMD+1 should select the first team, CMD+2 should select the next etc. (I guess this translates to ctrl on Linux / Windows).

Right now its a lot of mouse movement to switch between teams.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Compliance Export (Beta) Suggestion

As per the official documentation here - https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/compliance-export.html#why-are-compliance-exports-beta, it is mentioned that:

"Exports do not yet include messages with special types, namely system messages, webhook message attachments and custom plugin messages."

Do we have an estimation as to when this will be implemented in the upcoming Compliance Export for E20?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. JIRA improvements

Add to jira plugin features to notify about new comments, description changes, attachments changes in a ticket.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add single/double click to comments to Edit comment

I'd like to have a single or double click default on a comment (maybe user-pref) - Mouse-over/highlight comment.. double-click.. comment opens in Editor.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a feature to create custom command alias within Mattermost client

We would like a feature to allow leveraging slash command integrations so that users could create custom aliases locally. For instance, one of our integration commands is '/zoom' with additional arguments of 'join' and '<meeting ID>'. We would like to be able to create a custom alias so that a user could always include the arguments along with the slash command without entering 'join' and their 'meeting ID' each time they use the integration.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Enterprise Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sync JpegPhoto from LDAP

It would be nice if Mattermost has the possibility to Sync the profile Pictures from LDAP with the JpegPhoto or another custom attribute.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve the inline display of attached photos on mobile

The current image display on iPhone with the file properties listed to the side of the image doesn't allow the user to really see what the image is. Instead, the user must click the image every time. The current format gives more emphasis to the image properties than it does the image. When typically the user really only cares about seeing the image.

It would dramatically improve usability if it functioned similar to the web app/browser. Display a fullwidth image with the file name on a separate row above it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost App - iPhone, iPad, iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base