Skip to content

General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. Override "I forgot my password" for AD/LDAP Authentication

When using AD/LDAP authentication for the Mattermost Enterprise server there is still an "I forgot my password" link. I suggest that you allow Administrators to override where that link points to. For example, I would like that link to point to my corporate password reset and unlock portal. And/or allow administrators to turn that link off. This could be a part of the "Custom Branding" options on the Enterprise version.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can remove the “forgot password link” by
    - setting “Enable sign-in with email” to false
    - setting “Enable sign-in with username” to false

That said, we’ll keep this feature proposal open for customizing the “I forgot my password” link.

2. Read Receipts: Implement a visual indication for messages if and when they have been read by other users of the channel

Sometimes one's wondering if a post has already been read by other users. I could image that a member list of the channel pops up when one is selecting the read status from the particular post menu ("[..]").
    In private chats, a sinple check sign (similar to whatsapp) could signalize if a message had beend read by your counterpart.

1,186 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Off The Record messaging

Implement off-the-record messaging (https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/)

1,029 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide an option to only show channels with unread messages

We have a Mattermost installation where I'm subscribed to 24 channels, most of which are fairly quiet. Except for the channels that are at the top and bottom of the list (of course). I'm continually scrolling up and down.

I'd like to have an option that hides channels that have no unread messages. Hiding all-read private groups and DMs would be a bonus.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Brian and others for suggesting this feature!

We are considering to add a setting to hide all read channels in the sidebar: https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/MM-7502

In the meantime, there are two features that can help your teams:
    1) Mattermost v4.7+ supports a setting to group all unread channels at the top. This makes it easier to find all your unreads. It must first be enabled by your System Admin: https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/config-settings.html#group-unread-channels-experimental
    2) Mattermost v4.9+ shows unread channels when using the channel switcher (CMD/CTRL+K)

5. Code snippet with preview

It would be really nice to have preview boxes of long code blocks (Code snippets).
    It should be cropped if there are more then x lines (maybe configurable), and could be opened in a new tab or fade out within the chat. An extra code viewer "window" would be nice.

E.g. :
    https://i.imgur.com/6I25yR1.png

It is really easy to do so:
    Add a span/div element within the code block, give it absolute bottom position and a height (50px here), give it a gradient bg color and give the code block a max-height with overflow hidden. there you go.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CTRL+F on Windows Desktop app puts cursor in Mattermost search box filtered to channel

In the browser CTRL+F brings up text search for the page, so propose in the Windows Desktop app CTRL+F brings up Mattermost search pre-filtered to the channel to have a similar effect.

Other than the ability to search a page, the browser and desktop app have almost the same functionality.

Adding this would make the experiences more equivalent, rather than having desktop just slightly degraded.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mattermost Federation

Let all the Mattermost instances connect to each other, like the way Jabber/XMPP does it. So if I want to chat with someone on another instance, I just open my own instance and add a contact like "nameofuser@mattermost.otherdomain.tld" and the two Mattermost instances will connect to each other.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As a starting point, anyone from community interested in helping add this through an integration?

If so, we can open an APR to discuss (http://docs.mattermost.com/process/accepting-pull-request.html)

API documentation here: http://docs.mattermost.com/developer/api.html

You might start with open source Mattermost apps like Matterircd (IRC server) which might have a lot of the parts you’d need: https://github.com/42wim/matterircd

9. Search text of attached files

When attached files have text in them, the text of the files should be indexed so that it is available for search.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?