General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Google Single Sign-On to Team Edition

Currently only SSO available for Team Edition is GitLab, and google single sign on is only available on E20

Please move this feature to Team edition as well.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clone slack's code snippet feature.

Clone slack's code snippet feature.

I think this is different from
    https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/12927891-code-snippet-with-preview
    Which gives more detailed explanation at the ends.

It is also a little different from
    https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/15495801-add-a-one-click-action-to-create-a-new-snippet
    In that not requesting to do away with fences, just want the slack snippet feature.

Thanks!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Strip markdown from browser notifications

Currently all my browser notifications contain markdown syntax. Since the browser (and desktop) notifications don't support markdown this leads to pretty much unreadable notifications, especially when used with one of the numerous integrations that for example post Github notifications into Mattermost containg links to commits and PRs or avatar images of the author. While it looks very pretty in Mattermost it makes browser/desktop notifications almost unusable.

The solution to this would be to just strip all messages of the contained markdown (e.g. links/images) before they are being forwarded to the browser/os to be displayed as a notification.

I couldn't find…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to modify attached files when editing a message

Currently, Mattermost provides the ability to edit a message after you have posted it.

However, there is no way to modify the file attachments via this editing process.

Recent use case: I uploaded the wrong file when posting a message. Ideally I would have been able to edit the post to correct the mistake, i.e. to remove the incorrect file and attach the one I meant to attach. However, I could find no way of doing this.

Luckily, in my case it was simply an old version of the document, and therefore not too big a problem. However, I am…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a /quote command

Pasting a multi-paragraph block of text for quoting is currently frustrating, as you can't just type "> " and then paste and hit return, because if "\n\n" happens to exist in the block, it'll fall out of quote mode.

Since we already have /code for code pastes (like HipChat), let's also go for /quote: you do "/quote <paste><enter>" and done.

The implementation would be virtually identical to /code, just replace the 4 spaces with "> "

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Daily / weekly email digests

I know it sounds like the “email batching” feature added in Mattermost 3.4 <https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/12903204-allow-email-batching-limiting>

… but for non-professionnal environnement, a daily, weekly, or even 15 days or monthly “digests” of notifications and/or channels activities would be very useful. Even with one hour batches, members deactivates their notifications when they can't work everyday for the team.

“Slow projects” don't need immediate responses, and a moderate usage of notifications would be appreciated.

In some circonstances, a good (slow) timing of reminder could even drive members' involvement (e.g. for those who takes a few hours per week for a project).

This…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete messages from a channel to clean it

Hello,

in the case a channel is used to receive notifications in a defined interval, messages are bound to multiply and to be too numerous.

So i think it should be interesting to delete the messages from a channel by the creator of this channel or by a webhook.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to give nicknames to other users. Similar to how Skype, Steam, etc allows you to rename a contact.

Allow users to provide local nicknames for other users as a username is sometimes ambiguous as to who the user actually is.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to change the order of channel groupings

There are several options now provided for changing the grouping and ordering of channels, but one is conspicuously missing IMO: the ability to change the ordering of the groupings.

In my use of MM, I have a small handful of favorite channels, and then a bunch of other channels, and then a small handful of direct messages. Most of my communication is in the favorite channels and the direct messages, but the former is at the very top and the latter is at the very bottom. It is annoying to have to scroll through the wasteland of all of my…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sub-comment

Hi,

please implement this code to all CSS templates:

.post.same--root.post--comment, .post.same--root.same--user.post--comment {

padding-left: 4em;

}

so chat look like this:

http://www.image-share.com/ipng-3649-129.html

We are using it some time, and chat is more clear to read.

Many thanks.

Miroslav

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wide Picture Preview

Have an option to change preview display to show the preview without file name and size. Intead a wider thumbnail.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unread posts in the API

I want to use the API to check if I have unread posts, but it doesn't seem the API contains such a counter. It contains a msg_count and a mention_cout, but not the counter I want.
    There is still a possible hack:
    For each channel in a team:

* Get the timestamp of the last visit

* Get the posts created after that timestamp
    * Count them

Besides the fact that it's insanely complex compared to a simple yet handy counter in the API, it involves that we have to fetch the content of all the unread posts, which…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Modify a user via CLI

Would be nice to have the ability to update/modify a user via the CLI. Similarly to create user, you are able to set their name, email, etc. It would be nice to be able modify those details of an existing user via the CLI or even UI. I've found some user's end up entering their names all lower case or some don't even enter their details.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Video File Thumbnails

Just like we have tumbnails on pictures. helping us identify what we are looking for without having to open the preview tool.
    It would be great if we could have thumbnails on videos too.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. emoji reaction keyboard shortcut

This was my most used shortcut in another messaging app that starts with an S and ends with an ack.

Also to then be able to select emoji with arrow keys and enter is crucial. Would even go a step beyond if shift enter allowed you to pick more than one emoji reaction! #Mindblown

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to customize the site favicon

When a user interacts with several Mattermost instances having always the same favicon can get highly confusing.

With versions pre-3.0 it was fairly easy to directly change the favicon files on the installation. It looks way more complex since the 3.0 came out as the file names are no longer predictable

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mattermost Team Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a wizz button, like the old MSN chat

Like the old school MSN chat, it will be nice to add a wizz button or slash command or something else ... ?, meaning we need you to pay more attention to our post, that could be triggered a move on the windows for desktop app, and/or a new notification message.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. view or copy source of a message

It would be really useful to reuse markdown messages.

Currently, Users can see raw message only when markdown is disabled.
    And they can only copy their own messages.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Place to enter Google Analytics or Piwik stats tracking code

Ability to add in footer some tracking code from Google Analytics or Piwik stats

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base