I suggest you ...

Move a message to another channel

Sometimes a user posts his message in the wrong channel. Deleting the message and repost is a simple solution. However, sometimes the message already contains replies. Is it possible (to make) to move a message including its replies to another channel?

405 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Taco Jan Osinga shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes user may need to forward messages from one person/channel to different person/channel. It would be nicer have forward option for messge.

• Binh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran out of vote so I could not upvote this suggestion but we also would like to see a plan to have this feature in the future.

• Jens Lewald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today i have missed this feature, because i want to build an customer support Team. Inside this Team i create channel like wishlist, In Progress and Done. The idea was that customer can write into wishlist channel their wishes. Then we move accpted wishes in channel like In Progress and so on.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every modern messenger can forward messages. Why can't Mattermost do that?

• Ovi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So that I can add on to this topic, I understand this is not implemented as of yet. I would like a feature that a Channel Admin can post one message to two channels simultaneously. ?

• David Rando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, in our company chat sometimes people post messages in the wrong channel, so moving it to another is a must!

• Thomas Friedrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use this every day as I have to forward questions/requests to my fellow admin. Forwarding should include pictures in the message.

• kelvyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting notifications mail even after reading the messages which is sometimes pretty annoying...Otherwise all the features are fine

• Sean Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating Reply or Forward messages to another channel is a great way to touch base with customers.

• vickkeane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bugs in Mobile apps , like menu / add documents most of the time we are not getting notification . others are very good for team communication

• Carlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Pascal: managing channels such as moving messages form one channel to another, creating subchannels, merging... would be very useful

• Alex Vaccaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be good to be able "share" messages from one channel to another (kind of link preview), as this can also help people publicise the existence of other channels,

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base