Skip to content

General

Please search for existing ideas before posting a new idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

168 results found

1. GIF

Add a button to quicksearch GIFs without leaving Mattermost

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Feature to enable Auto theme switch based on MacOS theme

Introduce an "Auto mirror OS theme" toggle button in Mattermost Desktop for MacOS (and possibly Windows) client so it can mirror the MacOS theme setting (Settings > General > Appearance) Light and Dark automatically.

Many users would want to use dark themes for their apps to work at night, but Mattermost default theme is pretty bright in the dark.

Right now it should be a manual theme change to switch to the Mattermost dark theme. This would be a great step towards better user experience.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sort users by last name in private chat list

In my opinion, it is very usefull to sort users by their last name. Now they are sorted by first name and it is very annoying. We have more people with same forename but fewer with same last name. It is more logical to sort them alpaphetically by last name than forename.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 8work Time Tracking with Screenshoot Automation

8Work is a real-time tracking software with automated screenshot feature. It is time for you to focus on your project and leave the tracking to us.Record all important information so you can keep your project stays under the budget and everything running smoothly for the best result.

more info : https://bit.ly/8work

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Synchronise drafts between (mobile and desktop) clients

I currently use Mattermost from the web client and an iPhone. It would be great if draft messages were synchronised between the different clients.

This is not something that sounds particularly useful in the abstract, but it is a feature of Telegram and I found I would often write half a message and then remember that I had a relevant link or similar on a different platform, so want to continue the message where I could copy-paste that link. Now that we have switched to using Mattermost, I am missing it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Channel Creator Info for Desktop & Web App

While the Mattermost Mobile app has the feature of tapping on the channel header to see more information that includes who created the channel and the date:

"Created by XXX on XXX XX, XXXX"

Users have to scroll all the way to the beginning of the channel for desktop and web app. This will be challenging especially for channels that have a lot of content.

It will be great if we can have similar feature for desktop and web app as well where users can click on the channel header > view info and show the same information.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to choose the Audio device for notifications, including 'All Devices'

In the desktop app, the user is able to select which windows audio device, or All Devices, is used for notification. The option to follow the OS' current selection, or override with your own selection. Sometimes when using the headset as the default OS output device, it would be nice for alerts to be played on the external speakers and/or headset, as chosen by the user

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Click the file to open

1. App sets an automatic download directory, such as $HOME\Documents\Mattermost Files\
    2. Add an "open" button beside the download button on the right side of the file in the chat.
    3. When you click the "Open" button, if the file has not been downloaded, it will be automatically downloaded to the download folder in the first step. At the same time, the download progress bar will be displayed below the file in the chat. After the download is complete, or the file has been downloaded, call the system program to open the file.
    18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pause GIFs in background

It would reduce resource usage and distraction if mattermost (like e.g. telegram) would pause GIF playbacks while the app is in background.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make CMD+Enter work as a shortcut for saving an edited message.

Currently, when people have "Send messages with CMD+Enter", this shortcut does not work in the message editing window and people have to save their edited messages with a mouse click.
    I propose the message editing window to behave the same as the message sending box works.

Originally submitted as a bug: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/issues/14934

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sort joinable public channels by activity

When there are many public channels to join, many are defunct. New users cannot distinguish these from active channels in the More Channels modal. It would be nice to see the most active channels first, see some measure of how active each is, and perhaps see how many people are in each channel.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add 'Mark Read' option in right click of Channel(or Group) to clear notification icon

I suggest to have 'Mark read' option for any Channel in Mattermost.

There may have few groups which are integrated to get notification of JIRA updates or Jenkins to build status. Loads of messages are received there and one will see notification icon until one open that channel.

It will be great if Mattermost provides 'Mark Read' kind of function to clear particular channel notifications without opening channel chat.

I would recommend having this as a right-click option of a channel.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make team switch shortcut configurable

Please, make the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+number for switching teams configurable.

Since the update, which brought this feature earlier this year, I'm unable to use the Mattermost Windows app, because I'm using czech programmers keyboard, which uses CTRL+ALT+numbers to type czech characters.
    Typing is automatic process and it's not really possible to avoid typing czech characters this way. It's not a solution to re-learn typing because of Mattermost or switching keyboards before typing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make 'reply to last message in a channel' a default option

Enable the ability for a user org/admin to make 'reply to the last message in a channel' the default option when starting a new message, so threads are the default for a conversation. This could perhaps also be optionally limited to replies that explicitly start with or contain an 'at-mention' of the handle of the creator of the original post.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Private channels and messages to be sorted by the date of last received message

I think it would be preferable for the list of private channels and messages to be sorted by the date of last received message.
    Currently this list is sorted alphabetically and it's impossible to find last messages if you receive a lot of it.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move the (edited) indicator on the same line as the edited text

I propose that the "(edited)" indicator is moved to the same line of the text that got edited. This is also how it is done in the Android app (and in Slack). Currently, in the Linux application (within Rambox), a new line is created just to show the "(edited)" indicator. I think this is a waste of space.

I think the fix is easy. The indicator got introduced here: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server/pull/4923/files#diff-aba2376d04d1b8049e404bf2685c887fR91

So this has to be changed to not make a newline but instead put the indicator right after the rendered text.

Related: https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general/suggestions/38950576-edit-timestamp

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unread count location in GUI

Unread count should be displayed on the far left of each channel.

As it sits today, the count is on the far right. For channels with long names or multiple members, you can't actually see the unread count, which makes it useless. In addition, just bolding the channel name is not very easy to see/discern.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Snooze for channel notifications

I don't want to miss when my team is posting comments on our channel but I also don't want to be be notified every few seconds when things pick up. It would be nice if I could receive a notification and am then aware things being said but I could go in and select a snooze option. Then for the next 15 minutes I don't get distracted for every posting and can choose where my attention is.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Tags to be added like Reactions

Since you already plan to add Tags, I would like to propose the ability to add tags like reactions so that people other than the original poster have the ability to tag the post!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have less subtle new message alerts in the Notification Area

So i have the MatterMost app on Windows. I dislike clutter on my taskbar and having too many windows open, so I have it minimised to a notification area icon most of the time.

The notification area icon looks nice, it's little a white circle inside a circle, and the colour and design matches various other Windows 10 taskbar icons. Very neat and tidy.

However, I think that this aesthetic is not as important as knowing that I have a new message.

Currently when I get a new message and Mattermost is minimised to notification area, a small red dot…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base